Obsessed youth held for raping minorMarch 23rd, 2011 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 23 (IANS) Mohammad Idrish, 21, was so obsessed with a 14-year-old girl in his neighbourhood that he slit his wrist several times to convince her of his love. He succeeded, developed physical relations with her and planned to elope with her to Punjab, but was arrested.
Mohammad Idrish, who hails from Madhubani in Bihar, was arrested from Fatehpur Beri area of south Delhi Tuesday night, Deputy Commissioner of Police H.G.S. Dhaliwal said.
He said Idrish picked up the girl, a class five student of a government school in Fatehpur Beri, after school Tuesday and took her to his rented room in the same area, where they had sexual intercourse.
The duo planned to elope to Punjab Tuesday night itself, where Idrish promised to marry her.
However, alarmed that the girl still hadn’t reached home, her father lodged a police complaint.
“Searches were conducted at all possible hideouts and the two were held when they were about to leave Delhi,” said Dhaliwal.
During interrogation, Idrish told police that he worked as an assistant to a builder. His parents died a long time back and he was their only child.
Around eight years ago, he left his native place in search of work. He did menial jobs in West Bengal, Punjab and other states before shifting to Delhi.
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station, arrested (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Delhi priest held for kidnapping, five minors rescued - Mar 04, 2011
- Youth slits wrists at Delhi police station - Jun 12, 2012
- Main accused in Radhika murder case arrested - Mar 12, 2011
- Delhi BPO rape case: Fourth accused arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- Four arrested for raping Class 10 student - Apr 11, 2011
- 13-year-old girl raped in capital - Jan 12, 2011
- Police obtain more clues in BPO employee's gangrape - Nov 30, 2010
- Radhika's killer identified, two detained - Mar 11, 2011
- Police yet to register report in JNU sex scandal - Feb 08, 2011
- Dhaula Kuan rape: Fourth accused nabbed - Dec 05, 2010
- Man arrested for thefts at marriage functions - Dec 07, 2010
- Man carrying illegal arms held - Mar 22, 2011
- Man beaten to death in Bihar for eloping - Sep 12, 2012
- Man held for father's murder - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,