Obscene paintings of Nithari victims on saleFebruary 26th, 2008 - 10:43 pm ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, Feb 26 (IANS) The police have registered a case against organisers of a painting exhibition that put on show canvases of nude and dismembered bodies of the victims of the Nithari serial rapes and murders. The organisers of the painting exhibition are absconding.
According to city superintendent of police, Vijay Bhushan, the Indirapuram police received a complaint from Karanvir Singh, a resident of Nithari, claiming that he was the father of one of the murdered children.
In his complaint, Karanvir stated that N: SHABD, the organizers of the paintings on Nithari had announced they would hold the exhibition Feb 17-29. The exhibition was held at Green Mark Art Gallery, Sector 2 Vaishali, Ghaziabad.
Attracted by the open invitation, parents of the Nithari victims - Anil Haldar, Sunil Viswas and Jhaboo Lal - visited the exhibition. They saw paintings of nude girls and women, dismembered bodies being thrown into an open oven, and of a child cowering in terror before a lustful man, at the exhibition.
They said the obscene paintings hurt their dignity and their daughters’ souls. The paintings were being sold for Rs.100,000 to Rs.150,000 each. To attract prospective buyers, the organisers, who identified themselves as Neeraj Nigam and Chandan, also had a catalogue listing the paintings.
In his complaint, Karanvir stated that the paintings were an insult to their dead children. The police registered a criminal case Monday night against Neeraj Nigam and Chandan and sealed the exhibition hall.
- Manhole death: Ghaziabad civic officials booked - May 09, 2012
- Koli gets death for third Nithari murder - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Two arrested in housing fraud case - Jun 20, 2011
- Girl gang raped in basement of Ghaziabad mall - May 04, 2012
- No arrest yet in Woodland manager's killing - Jul 23, 2012
- Supreme Court slams CBI in Nithari case - Feb 09, 2011
- Nithari killings: SC upholds death sentence for Surinder Koli - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari victims's relatives express outrage over Pander's acquittal - Sep 11, 2009
- Death sentence to Koli in Nithari murder case - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- Death sentence to Koli in Nithari murder case - May 12, 2010
- Senior citizen murdered inside her Delhi flat - Jan 10, 2012
- IMA presidential aspirant accuses doctor of threats - Sep 26, 2010
- Anger, disbelief in Ghaziabad home after youth's death - Jul 04, 2009