Oberoi Group denies reports on P.R.S Oberoi’s successorApril 12th, 2011 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) The Oberoi Group Tuesday denied recent media reports that the company chairman P.R.S Oberoi had chosen his son Vikram as his successor to head the luxury hotel chain.
“Mr.P.R.S Oberoi as chairman and chief executive officer of EIH Ltd and The Oberoi Group leads the senior executive team and has no plans to retire or step down,” said the hotel chain in a statement, released on a day when the group announced opening of its hotel in Gurgaon.
Asked if reports that he had been chosen as the group’s head were true, Vikram Oberoi, who is currently the chief operating officer, said,”I think the statement is very very clear. I have no further comment on the matter.”
“Vikram’s role and my role are clearly defined. Vikram looks after the operations. My role is related to defining the product and working closely with Mr. Oberoi (P.R.S. Oberoi),” added Arjun Oberoi, son of P.R.S Oberoi’s brother Tilak Raj Oberoi and the group’s chief planning officer.
The Oberoi Group operates 32 hotels and cruisers under the brand Oberoi and five-star brand Trident in India, Egypt, Mauritius, Indonesia and Saudi Arabia and is listed on the stock exchanges as EIH Ltd (formerly East India Hotels).
The group is also engaged in flight catering, managing airport restaurants, travel and tour services, car rentals and corporate air charters.
- EIH to rethink Kabini project in Karnataka - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Asset-heavy' EIH to focus more on managing hotels - Aug 07, 2012
- Oberoi Group opens hotel in Gurgaon - Apr 12, 2011
- No plans of sell stake: EIH Chairman - Jul 09, 2010
- East India Hotels plans tie-up with RIL - Aug 10, 2011
- RIL acquires 14.12 percent in East India Hotels - Aug 30, 2010
- EIH posts 90 percent hike in net profit - May 29, 2012
- Oberois to raise stake in EIH; firm plans Rs.1.5 bn investment (Lead) - Aug 24, 2010
- EIH sees traction in revenues, apprehends pressure on margins - Aug 24, 2010
- East India Hotels plans Rs.250 crore investment (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 20, 2009
- East India Hotels eyes Gulf for expansion - Aug 20, 2009
- Chatwal plans to open 52 hotels in India - Jan 09, 2012
- Bullish on India, Chatwal plans 100 hotels in 10 years (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Renovated Oberoi hotel finally reopens after 26/11 - Apr 24, 2010
- ITC yet to take call on EIH rights issue - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: air charters, airport restaurants, car rentals, chief executive officer, chief operating officer, company chairman, cruisers, east india, egypt, eih ltd, flight catering, luxury hotel chain, mauritius, New Delhi, saudi arabia, senior executive team, star brand, stock exchanges, trident, vikram