Obama’s daughters find him embarrassingJanuary 14th, 2012 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 14 (IANS) Though her father may be the US president, Malia Obama finds her father Barack very embarrassing, her mother Michelle has said.
For 13-year-old Malia and eight-year-old Sasha, parent-teacher conferences are the worst because of their father’s highly conspicuous motorcade, the US first lady said in an interview with CBS.
Michelle said that like any children, theirs find their parents “not cool”, the Daily Mail reported.
When asked by the host whether the children ever get embarrassed by their parents, the 47-year-old Michelle said that apart from finding her singing and dancing “cringe-inducing”, Malia and Sasha especially do not like their parents visiting their school.
“They don’t really want us to come to school, especially the president, because when he comes for a parent-teacher conference, it’s a motorcade,” she said.
“The other day, Malia was like, ‘Oh no, is dad coming? Is he bringing all those cars? Really it’s like the other day I think they almost hit my teacher’,” she said.
The girls also do not like to use the White House movie theatre and go to public cinemas.
“I’m like, ‘We have that movie here’ and they’re like ‘I don’t care’,” said Michelle.
“My kids are like any children — anything we do is not cool. They will go in the other direction,” she said.
The first lady said she was looking forward to her daughters dating and getting excited about meeting boys they like.
Malia has her own cell phone that she uses to “reach out to friends”, but her contacts list is restricted and the calls are monitored.
- Now study says parents turning embarrassment for kids - Sep 06, 2011
- Parents back Michelle Obama's 'Facebook ban on her daughters' - Feb 11, 2011
- Michelle Obama reveals daughter's party clothes left President gulping! - Apr 19, 2011
- How Obamas' daughters live a normal life - Nov 27, 2010
- Parent-teacher meeting 'not only for students' - Sep 05, 2010
- Dancing, playing hopscotch... Michelle bowls over children (Lead) - Nov 06, 2010
- US First Lady: 'No Facebook for Obama girls' - Feb 09, 2011
- Obama's daughters to do baby-sitting - Jul 24, 2010
- My mum still does her own laundry, says Michelle Obama - Apr 22, 2011
- Barack talks me through stressful time: Michelle Obama - Apr 08, 2010
- 'Song of Solomon' is Michelle Obama's favourite book - Apr 29, 2011
- How laughter keeps Michelle Obama's love life alive - Feb 14, 2011
- Michelle Obama wants to visit India again - Feb 02, 2011
- Michelle Obama attends Beyonce concert - May 27, 2012
- Michelle Obama, with daughters, skiing in Colorado - Feb 20, 2011
Tags: 13 year old, cars, cbs, cell phone, cringe, dad, daily mail, first lady, girls, london jan, malia, motorcade, movie theatre, obama, parent teacher conference, parent teacher conferences, parents, sasha, white house