Obama greets Sikhs, says all can draw inspiration from Guru NanakNovember 11th, 2011 - 11:48 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Nov 11 (IANS) Greeting Sikhs on the birth anniversary of Guru Nanak, President Barack Obama has said “all of us can draw inspiration from his message of equality, honesty, and helping those who are in need.”
“I send my best wishes to all those observing the anniversary of the birth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the first Sikh Guru,” he said in a statement issued Thursday by the White House.
“On this occasion, we are reminded of the fundamental principles of Sikhism, including the equality of all people, the sanctity of living an honest life, and the importance of service to our neighbors.
“I’m proud that during my presidency the White House hosted the first celebration of the birth of Guru Nanak, and our country is grateful for the extraordinary contributions that Sikh Americans have made to our nation.”
“As Sikhs across America and around the world celebrate the life of Guru Nanak, all of us can draw inspiration from his message of equality, honesty, and helping those who are in need,” he said.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- White House celebrates Guru Nanak's birth anniversary (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Obama lauds Sikh Americans' many contributions - Nov 20, 2010
- Prime Minister, Vice President greet nation on Guru Nanak Jayanti - Nov 20, 2010
- President Patil greets nation on Guru Nanak Jayanti - Nov 20, 2010
- Sikhs in US happy Obama may visit Golden Temple - Sep 16, 2010
- Sikh pilgrims visit Pakistan - Nov 09, 2011
- Guru Nanak's birth anniversary celebrated in Pakistan - Nov 21, 2010
- Remove India, Pakistan border restrictions: Sikh pilgrims - Nov 21, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Guru Nanak Jayanti (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Sikh Americans agog over Obama's Amritsar trip - Oct 17, 2010
- Punjab celebrates Gurpurab - Nov 21, 2010
- Guru Nanak's birth anniversary celebrated with fervour (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Manmohan Singh greets nation on Guru Ravidas Jayanti - Feb 17, 2011
- Sikh group hires lobbyist to educate US media - Feb 02, 2012
- President greets nation on Guru Nanak jayanti - Nov 09, 2011