Obama gets ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati BhavanNovember 8th, 2010 - 11:20 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 8 (IANS) A ceremonial reception was accorded to US President Barack Obama at the Rashtrapati Bhavan here Monday morning.
On the third day of his trip to India, President Obama and his wife Michelle were welcomed warmly at the presidential palace forecourt by Indian President Pratibha Patil and her husband Devisingh Patil. They were then greeted by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Gursharan Kaur.
President Obama, who arrived Saturday in Mumbai and reached New Delhi Sunday afternoon, will leave for Rajghat after the ceremonial welcome to pay tribute at the memorial of Mahatma Gandhi — Obama’s “real hero”.
He will then hold formal talks with Prime Minister Singh and address a joint press conference.
In the evening, he will address a joint sitting of parliament before heading for a state banquet at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Obama gets ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati Bhavan - Nov 08, 2010
- Obamas ceremonially welcomed to India (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Obama thanks Indians for their extraordinary hospitality - Nov 08, 2010
- Obama visits Rajghat, pays homage to Mahatma Gandhi - Nov 08, 2010
- India-US ties will define 21st century, says Obama (Second Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Indonesian President arrives in Delhi on three-day state visit - Jan 24, 2011
- U.S. President Obama arrives in Delhi, will visit Humayun Tomb (latest) - Nov 07, 2010
- U.S. President Obama arrives in Delhi, heads to Humayun Tomb - Nov 07, 2010
- 'Kesariya balam', Indian delicacies, wow Obamas at state banquet (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- S.African President to undertake three-day visit of India - Jun 01, 2010
- US President's official itinerary in India - Nov 04, 2010
- Nepal President arrives on four-day visit to India - Feb 15, 2010
- German President to arrive in New Delhi - Feb 01, 2010
- Nepal President to visit India today - Feb 15, 2010
- Nepal President to arrive on a four-day visit to India on Monday - Feb 13, 2010