Obama family in quandary over choice of dogNovember 8th, 2008 - 11:44 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Nov 8 (DPA) President-elect Barack Obama is having a hard time delivering on one of the very first promises he made after winning the White House - a promise to his young daughters.To reward his two girls, 10-year-old Malia and 7-year-old Sasha, for putting up with his time away on the rigorous campaign trail, he said in his victory speech Tuesday night that they would be getting a new puppy to bring to the White House.
“This is a major issue,” Obama said when asked about progress in finding the right dog. He went on to explain that Malia is allergic so he and wife Michelle have to find a pup that won’t cause her any problems, meaning they must get a pure bred.
“Our preference would be to get a shelter dog, but, obviously, a lot of shelter dogs are mutts - like me,” he said, reminding reporters that his late mother was white and late father was black.
- Obama's daughters find him embarrassing - Jan 14, 2012
- Beckham sends box of underwear to Obama - Jul 21, 2012
- Winning the election was easier than choosing a mutt for Obama! - Nov 08, 2008
- Obama coaches daughter Sasha's basketball team while she goes skiing - Feb 20, 2011
- The Obamas to own a labradoodle or a Portuguese water hound - Jan 12, 2009
- Obama's daughter safe after Mexico quake - Mar 21, 2012
- Obama home alone as family goes on vacation - Dec 18, 2010
- Here's everything you wanted to know about Obamas' pooch! - Apr 13, 2009
- Obama bars daughters from Facebook - Dec 17, 2011
- Obama shoots hoops with basketball stars on b'day - Aug 09, 2010
- At last... a first puppy for the Obamas: Report - Apr 12, 2009
- Michelle Obama wants to visit India again - Feb 02, 2011
- Obama attends historic Washington church on Easter - Apr 25, 2011
- Michelle Obama's 5:15 a.m. pet pooch White House walks - May 01, 2009
- Reagan on Obama's holiday reading list (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010