Nursery textbooks with violent words seized in UPMay 1st, 2012 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 1 (IANS) Following an IANS report, the Uttar Pradesh (UP) government has seized copies of a book of English alphabets for nursery students that carried violent words such as bomb and ‘chakoo’ (knife) and slapped a show cause notice on the school that had prescribed the book.
UP Joint Education Director Vikas Srivastava led the raid to St. Marks School in Udayganj and hauled up the authorities for being “so careless” that a book containing violent words was allowed to find its way into the syllabus.
IANS last week highlighted that in the book, the alphabet B was being used for the word Bomb and C for Chakoo.
Also, a moral education book from Moradabad carrying an inverted national flag has been withdrawn from the market.
The publisher said it had withdrawn 2,700 copies of the book and destroyed the remaining 2,500.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- 'B' for bomb, 'ch' for chaku...in UP school books - Apr 26, 2012
- Uniform syllabus cannot be used this year: Expert panel - Jul 06, 2011
- Madras High Court orders uniform school syllabus - Jun 10, 2011
- Is Mamata trying to make Marx & Engels history in Bengal? - Apr 06, 2012
- Ministry orders withdrawal of offending text book - Jul 04, 2011
- Karunanidhi welcomes apex court order on schools - Jul 21, 2011
- For ethnic Indians, Malaysia makes changes to textbook - Mar 25, 2011
- Police training unit opened in Ghaziabad - Jan 16, 2012
- Tamil Nadu panel to look into uniform education system - Jun 17, 2011
- Implement uniform school syllabus: Madras High Court - Jul 18, 2011
- Trimming 'excess' of Marxism in favour of globalisation (West Bengal Newsletter) - Apr 08, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh mosques double up as primary schools (With Image) - Feb 07, 2012
- E-textbooks knocking at Indian classroom doors - Feb 07, 2012
- Educationist Sunanda Sanyal resigns from Mamata's panels - Nov 23, 2011
- Sexual health book in Pakistan schools draws protests - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: alphabet, asian news, authorities, bomb, education book, education director, english alphabets, indo, joint education, moradabad, moral education, national flag, news service, sog, st marks school, syllabus, textbooks, uttar pradesh, violent words, vm