Nurse case: Rajasthan legislator opposes jail changeMay 3rd, 2012 - 11:18 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, May 3 (IANS) Malkhan Singh Bishnoi, Congress legislator arrested for alleged involvement in the murder of nurse Bhanwari Devi last year, filed an application in the Rajasthan High Court here objecting to his transfer to Ajmer Jail from Jodhpur Jail, a lawyer said Thursday.
The matter will come up for hearing Friday.
Malkhan Singh, who represents Luni constituency, and sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, a co-accused in the case, were shifted April 4 to Ajmer and Jaipur jails, respectively.
The high court directed the state government to shift the two accused from Jodhpur Jail, so that they could not threaten other accused lodged in the same prison.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) earlier told the court that investigators and witnesses in the Bhanwari Devi murder were getting threats.
“However, Malkhan filed an application in the Rajasthan High Court. He requested the court that the shifting be cancelled,” said CBI’s Special Public Prosecutor Panne Singh.
A similar application was filed earlier by Maderna.
Bhanwari Devi, who featured in a CD in a compromising position with Maderna, had gone missing Sep 1 last year. She is believed to have been murdered and her body burnt.
Maderna and Malkhan are among 16 accused arrested in the case.
- Missing nurse case: Maderna shifted to Jaipur jail - Apr 04, 2012
- Probing threats to CBI, Bhanwari case witnesses: Government - Mar 03, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Court seeks action against threats to CBI - Feb 27, 2012
- Bishnoi's bail plea rejected in Bhanwari case - May 26, 2012
- Bhanwari Devi case: Arrested Congress legislator faces new charge - Feb 28, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Rs.5 lakh reward for tip-off on accused - Apr 11, 2012
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Maderna mastermind in Bhanwari Devi muder: CBI charge sheet - Feb 29, 2012
- Court extends custody of ex-Rajasthan minister - Jan 20, 2012
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- CBI moves to auction Indra Bishnoi's property - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: april 4, bhanwari devi, bishnoi, cbi, central bureau of investigation, congress, constituency, investigators, jails, jaipur, lawyer, legislator, mahipal, nurse, public prosecutor, rajasthan high court, state government