Nupur Talwar’s plea rejectedAugust 23rd, 2012 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Aug 23 (IANS) The cross-examination of a forensic expert in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder was deferred till Friday by a special court here which also rejected accused Nupur Talwar’s plea that questioned the witness’ findings.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge S. Lal Thursday put off the cross-examination of B.K. Mahapatra, a scientist from Delhi’s Central Forensic Science Laboratory, by a day.
The court dismissed the plea filed by Nupur Talwar, mother of teenager Aarushi, seeking information on the basis on which the forensic expert drew his conclusions on test samples collected from the crime spot.
Mahapatra told the court Aug 14 that the sexual assault of Aarushi could not be established on the basis of samples provided by the CBI.
Nupur Talwar earlier filed another application and sought delaying the cross- examination of Mahapatra so that 13 other key witnesses could depose in the court, ahead of the hearing on her bail plea in the Supreme Court next month. The plea is pending in court.
She was taken into custody April 30 and challenged in the apex court the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her bail plea. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Her husband and co-accused Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- Expert forgets number of visits to Aarushi murder spot - Aug 28, 2012
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Aarushi's sexual assault could not be established: Witness - Aug 14, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Blood on Aarushi's clothes was her own: Forensic expert - Jul 31, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Witness talks of golf clubs used in crime - Sep 18, 2012
- No blood stains seen on Rajesh Talwar's dress: Witness - Sep 12, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Post-mortem doctor deposes in court - Jul 24, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, bail plea, cbi, central bureau of investigation, conclusions, cross examination, double murder, forensic expert, forensic science laboratory, lal, nupur, s central, scientist, sexual assault, special judge, talwar, teenager, test samples, witness