Nupur Talwar’s bail plea rejected (Lead)April 30th, 2012 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 30 (IANS) A CBI court here Monday rejected the bail plea of denist Nupur Talwar, an accused in the 2008 murder of her daughter Aarushi and the family’s domestic help Hemraj. Her lawyer said an appeal would be filed in a sessions court.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody Monday morning, shortly after surrendering before a special court hearing the case. She applied for bail immediately after her arrest, but the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) opposed the plea.
Her lawyer said an appeal would be filed in a sessions court later Monday.
Nupur Talwar, who faced a non-bailable warrant issued by the CBI special court here after she failed to appear in court as directed, surrendered before CBI special magistrate Preeti Singh.
The CBI argued that being a woman was not a ground for bail. CBI lawyer R.K. Saini also said that Nupur Talwar had been avoiding orders to appear in court and that it was a heinous case of double murder.
Police guarded the court premises as Nupur Talwar and her husband Rajesh reached around 10.15 a.m. She was taken into the court through a back door.
On Friday, the Supreme Court had directed Nupur Talwar to surrender before the magistrate’s court. The apex court bench, headed by Justice A.K. Patnaik, had said she could apply for bail after surrendering and the court would decide on the issue expeditiously and on merit.
The apex court had passed the order while adjourning till Friday the hearing of her Nupur Talwar review petition of its order directing her to face trial in the double murder case.
The dentist couple’s 14-year-old daughter Aarushi was found dead inside their Noida residence in May 2008 with her throat slit. The body of the Talwars’ domestic servant Hemraj, initially a suspect in the case, was recovered from the terrace a day later. The Talwar couple is accused in the case. Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court, challenges bail rejection - May 02, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- CBI opposes Nupur Talwar's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
Tags: adjourning, apex court, back door, bail plea, bailable, being a woman, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, court bench, court premises, domestic help, domestic servant, double murder case, magistrate, monday morning, nupur, saini, sessions court, talwar, throat slit