Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead)April 30th, 2012 - 1:06 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 30 (IANS) Dentist Nupur Talwar was Monday taken into custody shortly after surrendering before a Ghaziabad court hearing the 2008 twin murder case of her teenaged daughter Aarushi and their domestic help Hemraj.
Nupur Talwar, who faced a non-bailable warrant issued by a CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) special court in Ghaziabad after she failed to appear in court as directed, applied for bail immediately after her arrest. The CBI is expected to file a response.
Police guarded the court premises as Nupur Talwar and her husband Rajesh reached around 10.15 a.m. She was taken into the court from a back door.
On Friday, the Supreme Court had directed Nupur Talwar to surrender before the magistrate’s court. The apex court bench, headed by Justice A.K. Patnaik, had said that she could apply for bail after surrendering and the court would decide on the issue expeditiously and on merit.
The apex court had passed the order while adjourning till Friday the hearing of her Nupur Talwar review petition of its order directing her to face trial in the double murder case.
The dentist couple’s 14-year-old daughter Aarushi was found dead inside their Noida residence in May 2008 with her throat slit. The body of the Talwars’ domestic servant Hemraj, initially a suspect in the case, was recovered from the terrace a day later. The Talwar couple is accused in the case. Rajesh Talwar is out on bail.
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar surrenders before court - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar to continue on bail - Mar 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,