Nupur Talwar arrest reports ’speculative’; Noida apartment searched again (Lead)June 17th, 2008 - 8:44 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Monday termed as “speculative” reports that slain teenager Aarushi Talwar’s dentist mother Nupur Talwar could be arrested, even as sleuths once again searched the victim’s apartment in suburban Noida. “A section of the media has reported that Nupur Talwar’s arrest is imminent. This has no basis as of now. It is speculative. Investigations are on,” said CBI joint director Arun Kumar, who is heading the probe into the sensational double murder of Aarushi and her family’s domestic help Hemraj May 16.
Nupur was subjected to a lie detector test Friday and a psychological test June 7.
A CBI team reached the Talwar’s L-block apartment in the upscale Jal Vayu Vihar neighbourhood at 6 a.m. Monday and remained there for three hours. The officials searched some points on the road outside the complex and some sites near the L-Block.
The CBI team, which was accompanied by forensic experts, took into custody the domestic help of a family staying close to the Talwar dentist couple. Vijay Mandal was picked up from a garage in the block.
The officials also searched the room of Krishna, the Talwar’s compounder, located in the same building. The CBI officials returned to the spot Monday evening and carefully searched the drains in the area in a bid to recover the weapon used in the twin murders.
Aarushi, 14, was found dead in her Noida apartment May 16. Police initially named missing domestic help Hemraj as the prime suspect, but his body was found on the terrace of the house the next day.
Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar, a prominent dentist, was arrested May 23.
Police said Talwar killed his daughter in a fit of rage as he objected to her closeness with the servant. Police said Talwar first killed Hemraj and then his daughter.
A second arrest in the case was made June 13 when the agency held Krishna.
The CBI, which took over the case after a public outcry over the manner in which the Noida police handled the probe, has not yet been able to establish the motive for the crime.
A CBI team Monday went to the house of Anita Durani, also a dentist, in Noida’s Sector-53. The Noida police had alluded to a romantic liaison between Talwar and Durani, saying this could have a bearing on the two murders.
The CBI has detained Durani’s servant Raj Kumar and he was subjected to polygraph test Monday.
The CBI Monday also received an interim report from Hyderabad’s Andhra Pradesh Forensic Science Laboratory on the images contained in a digital camera seized from Talwars about 10 days ago.
However, no details about this were revealed.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea - Mar 26, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Nupur Talwar surrenders before court - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012