Nupur Talwar against serial on Aarushi, moves child commissionJune 9th, 2008 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) Nupur Talwar, the mother of murdered teenager Aarushi, Monday moved the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) against Balaji Telefilms’ plans to make a soap opera on the life of the victim whose father is the prime suspect of the murder. Accompanied by her friends and relatives, Talwar, a prominent dentist, came to meet NCPCR authorities and urged them to stop any attempt to make a TV serial on Aarushi.
NCPCR member Sadhya Bajaj told IANS that Talwar has requested that Balaji Telefilms head Ekta Kapoor should be stopped from making a TV opera on her daughter.
“We are going to serve a notice to Balaji Telefilms telling them not to make a serial on a child who is no more and where the investigation (into her murder) is pending. This is all for TRPs (television rating points). This is not the way to exploit a child’s story when she is not alive,” Bajaj said.
Kapoor is planning to include Aarushi’s life and death in her popular soap opera “Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii”.
Arushi’s body was found at her Noida residence May 16. While police initially suspected missing domestic help Hemraj, his body was also found from the same home the next day.
Her father Rajesh Talwar has been arrested for the twin murder. The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is investigating the case.
Bajaj said Nupur Talwar had already approached the information and broadcasting ministry against Kapoor’s move and has written a two-page note to information and broadcasting secretary Asha Swarup.
- Using Aarushi tragedy to earn TRP unfair: Renuka Chowdhury - Jun 12, 2008
- Aarushi tragedy no soap opera: rights panel to government (Lead) - Jun 09, 2008
- My productions are not gender-biased: Ekta Kapoor - Dec 08, 2011
- Dasmunsi to request Star TV not to air soap on Aarushi - Jun 10, 2008
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Second Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court - Jan 06, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012