Number of Indian Mujahideen members held for terror attacks rises to 20October 6th, 2008 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 6 (IANS) With the arrest of a group of suspected Indian Mujahideen members from Karnataka for allegedly placing bombs in Ahmedabad and Surat, the number of people held by Mumbai Police in connection with the recent terror attacks has risen to 20, Police Commissioner Hasan Gafoor said here Monday.Gafoor said that those arrested include four “top notch software professionals who had sent the three terror e-mails prior to the blasts”.
Gafoor also alleged that 10 of those arrested were among those who placed explosives in Ahmedabad and Surat. They had travelled from Karnataka to Pune and then to Surat and Ahmedabad, he said. The serial blasts in Ahmedabad July 26 killed 57 people and injured over 100.
The arrested men include Mohammed Mansoor Asghar Peerbhoy, 31, who works as a principal software engineer in a multinational corporation; Mobin Kadir Shaikh, 24, senior technical advisor in an IT firm and Asif Bashiruddin Shaikh, 22, a mechanical engineer.
They were told to send the emails minutes before the blasts in Ahmedabad and Delhi, which they did, Gafoor said.
- Mumbai police arrest 20 IM activists for serial blasts (Lead) - Oct 06, 2008
- 27 Indian Mujahideen members charged with serial bombings (Lead) - Feb 17, 2009
- Terror emails 'mystery solved', 20 held for serial bombings - Oct 06, 2008
- Court allows Indian Mujahideen suspects to be taken to Maharashtra - Mar 17, 2009
- Suspected terrorist Shaikh sent to police custody - Mar 03, 2009
- Court extends police custody of Peerbhoy - Mar 09, 2009
- Pune-Mumbai now linked by terror as well - Sep 16, 2010
- Suspected IM operative Peerbhoy sent to police custody - Feb 28, 2009
- Centre, states' views sought on special terrorism courts - Feb 22, 2010
- Court extends custody of Indian Mujahideen members - Mar 12, 2009
- Supplementary charges filed against 4 Delhi terror suspects - Apr 15, 2009
- Suspected IM operative Peerbhoy brought to Delhi - Feb 27, 2009
- Trial in Delhi serial blasts case to begin soon - Nov 26, 2009
- Key terror accused to be brought to Delhi Friday - Feb 26, 2009
- Suspected terrorist Peerbhoy sent to police custody (Lead) - Feb 28, 2009