NSG chief holds talks over force hub in West BengalFebruary 20th, 2009 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 20 (IANS) J.K. Dutt, chief of the National Security Guard (NSG), Friday held talks with West Bengal home secretary Ardhendu Sen over selecting land for a proposed hub of the anti-terrorism crack force in the state.
“I had a discussion with home secretary Ardhendu Sen regarding land to set up the NSG hub and an anti-hijack squad in West Bengal. I have told him about our land requirements and he has assured all possible help,” Dutt told reporters at the secretariat Writer’s Building here.
Dutt, however, declined to give details of the meeting.
“Nothing has been finalised yet, so there is no point in discussing it with the media. I will be having another meeting with Sen on Feb 25. Hopefully, I will be in a position to talk after that,” the NSG chief said.
“All I want to say is that no matter where we get the land, the state will get its NSG hub and anti-hijack squad soon,” he added.
According to a source at the secretariat, Dutt has asked for 1,200-1,400 acres of land for the NSG hub and a comparatively smaller land near the city airport for the anti-hijack squad.
“There are proposals for three lands - near Kalaikunda Air Force Station in West Midnapore district, at Barrackpore town in North 24 Parganas district and at Kaikhali near the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport,” the source said on condition of anonymity.
- NSG gets land outside Kolkata for eastern hub - Sep 17, 2011
- Kolkata Metro station to be named after Mother Teresa - Jan 15, 2011
- West Bengal celebrates Netaji's birth anniversary - Jan 23, 2010
- Chidambaram opens security hub, Mamata skips event (Second Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Kolkata gets eastern hub of NSG - Jul 01, 2009
- Netaji's birth anniversary celebrated across West Bengal - Jan 23, 2011
- Hillary Clinton arrives in Kolkata (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Mamata, Amartya Sen discuss Presidency's future - Jul 09, 2011
- Presidency mentor group submits recommendations - Aug 25, 2011
- Mamata unfurls tri-colour, sends sweets to prisoners - Aug 15, 2011
- Mamata wishes Netaji a long life - Jan 23, 2012
- NSG regional hub inaugurated in Hyderabad - Dec 06, 2011
- Hyderabad gets NSG hub, to have training centre too (Lead) - Jul 01, 2009
- Hyderabad gets anti-terror hub, to have training centre too (Lead) - Jul 01, 2009
- Forward Bloc demands special observance of Netaji's birth anniversary - Nov 19, 2011