NRI complains of dowry harassment by husband, in-lawsMarch 7th, 2008 - 5:29 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 7 (IANS) A non-resident Indian from the Netherlands has alleged harassment by her husband and his parents in Pune, police said Friday. Priya Agarwal, 24, had married Ajay Agarwal on Jan 29, 2007 and Thursday night filed a complaint with the Pune police alleging that she was being harassed for dowry since January 2008.
Police Inspector S. Dorai told IANS: “Priya, who was settled in the Netherlands, moved to Pune after her marriage to Ajay last year.”
He added that a case of dowry harassment and outraging the modesty of a woman has been registered against the Agarwal family.
The parents of the couple are business partners. Priya is currently studying in Pune for an MBA degree.
- Chiranjeevi's son-in-law booked for dowry harassment - Mar 15, 2011
- Bihar teacher beaten to death for dowry - Mar 21, 2012
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Goa police officer booked for dowry harassment - Mar 24, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- Dalit woman alleges dowry harassment, gangrape - May 05, 2010
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- IT executive arrested for abetting wife's suicide - Jun 06, 2011
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Bail plea of man held for wife's death rejected - Apr 11, 2011
- One held for killing woman in front of her son - Sep 12, 2012
- Woman burnt to death in Greater Noida - Aug 09, 2010
- Dumb woman killed, body chopped in Bihar - Apr 17, 2012
- Computer teacher held for dowry harassment - Jul 24, 2010