NRI booked for setting wife ablazeMay 25th, 2008 - 7:42 pm ICT by admin
Kapurthala (Punjab), May 25 (IANS) A Non-Resident Indian (NRI) has been booked for murder in a village in this district the police said Sunday. His wife was burnt to death. The police are looking for Jaswinder Singh of a village near Bholath town. They say he is absconding after his wife’s death Saturday night.
Singh allegedly sprinkled kerosene oil on his wife and set her ablaze after an argument and a scuffle, the police said. She had demanded money from him, the police said.
The victim, in her dying declaration to a magistrate, said that her husband became infuriated when she demanded money from him and set her ablaze.
Singh, who had been living in Moscow for the last seven years, had returned to his village a fortnight ago after a gap of five years.
The couple had been married for over seven years and had a son.
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- On wedding trip, NRI kills wife - Mar 16, 2011
- Punjab NRI panel asks police to trace runaway husband - May 16, 2012
- Chandigarh NRI abductors planned to kill him - Apr 11, 2012
- Convicted Jagir Kaur remains a VIP in prison - Mar 31, 2012
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012
- Woman forced into prostitution by husband ends life - Apr 16, 2012
- Punjab man gets death for burning two sons to death - Sep 18, 2012
- Respond to NRI complaints, Punjab officials told - Jul 23, 2011
- Girl tries to end life after MMS blackmail - Apr 26, 2011
- Two cops booked for driving colleague to suicide - Mar 02, 2011
- Nigerian who swindled Indian arrested in Ghana - Mar 17, 2011
- Father arrested for daughter's honour killing (Lead) - Jul 25, 2010
- Badal government's lone woman minister convicted, jailed (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012