NRI arrested with five kg heroin in GurgaonSeptember 9th, 2008 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Sep 9 (IANS) An NRI settled in Canada was arrested with five kg of heroin from this satellite town on the outskirts of the Indian capital, sources said Tuesday.Indian Canadian Harish Joshi was arrested by the sleuths of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) from DLF phase five of Gurgaon area Monday evening, the sources said.
Joshi is a top level official of Grimus Group of Companies - a British Columbian Inc Co.
Joshi was arrested “at around 8 p.m when (he) was returning in his Indica car to his corporate office of Grimus group at D-7/1, DLF phase 5. Six people in a Qualis car came and took him in their vehicle,” the sources added.
Initially the locals had suspected that Joshi was kidnapped. The security guards at the place told the police that one of the persons who were taking Joshi said they were from a government agency.
“We had the information that a central government agency had picked him up for investigation,” said a police officer in Gurgaon.
However, later it was confirmed that the DRI had arrested Joshi. Repeated attempts were made to contact DRI officials to confirm the arrest.
The sources said: “Joshi was presented in the court Tuesday and has been sent to judicial custody.”
The wife of the accused is in Kerala and his son is in Canada.
- 75 kg of heroin seized in Punjab - Apr 06, 2011
- Heroin worth over Rs.5 crore seized, one held - Oct 20, 2010
- Chandigarh NRI abductors planned to kill him - Apr 11, 2012
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012
- Mechanic dies after falling into Gurgaon drain - Aug 22, 2010
- Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- 10 kg heroin seized in Punjab, 3 held - Feb 02, 2011
- Relative held for extortion call - Jun 02, 2012
- Three killed in accident - Mar 10, 2011
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011
- Three held for planning to rob NRI - Mar 25, 2011
- Woman pub employee gang raped in Gurgaon (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- CWG scam: Kalmadi sent to eight-day police custody - Apr 26, 2011
- Explosion in Israel embassy car, four injured (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011