NRHM scam: Kushwaha sent to judicial custodyMarch 13th, 2012 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 13 (IANS) A CBI court here remanded former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha to seven days judicial custody in a case related to multi-crore rupee financial irregularities in the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
The court also remanded Deoria politician Ram Prakash Jaiswal and Moradabad businessman Saurabh Jain to judicial custody for seven days.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge A.K. Singh remanded the NRHM scam accused to judicial custody despite the probe agency’s plea seeking their remand for four days.
CBI counsel Mohd. S. Islam requested the court to send them to four days’ custody of the probe agency for questioning.
Defence counsel Maheepal Singh Ahluwalia opposed the CBI plea.
After hearing the arguments, the court sent the three accused to judicial remand and adjourned the proceedings till March 20.
The case was registered against the former minister in the matter of alleged financial irregularities done in the supply of medicines and medical equipment in 24 districts of Uttar Pradesh under the NRHM scheme during 2010-2011.
- CBI charge sheet against Uttar Pradesh ex-minister - May 31, 2012
- NRHM case: Former UP minister, BSP legislator arrested (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- CBI raids former UP health minister - Jun 02, 2012
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Fourth Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 60 places, ex-BSP minister under scanner (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Three health scam accused sent to CBI custody - Jan 06, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 45 places, ex-BSP man under scanner - Jan 04, 2012
- Political war erupts as CBI raids Kushwaha's premises (Roundup) - Jan 04, 2012
- CBI raids on Kushwaha motivated: BJP - Jan 04, 2012
- Ex-Mayawati aide claims threat from minister - Nov 19, 2011
- Abhishek Verma, wife in CBI custody till June 21 (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Joined BJP to protect backward castes: Kushwaha - Jan 04, 2012
- NHRM scam: CBI raids in UP, Gujarat - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: ahluwalia, businessman, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, defence counsel, financial irregularities, jain, jaiswal, judicial custody, judicial remand, medical equipment, medicines, national rural health, national rural health mission, plea, politician, ram prakash, rupee, seven days, special judge