Now, T-10 Gully Cricket is hereNovember 15th, 2008 - 9:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 15 (IANS) After the success of the Twenty20 cricket, it’s now a shorter T-10 version that is keeping the celebrities busy.Call it the newest version of cricket, or an instant cricket. It’s play, get paid and pack up in a matter of a few hours.
Come January and the company behind the venture - Reasonable Advertising PVt. Ltd - will hold a nation-wide T-10 Gully cricket to be played across eight major cities.
It was launched here Friday with a celebrity match. Participants were a number of television artistes who took their time off to indulge in their favourite pastime, thanks to the on-going suspension of the general entertainment programme productions, following the stand-off between cine workers and programme producers over the wages.
Team India star V.V.S Laxman and cricket expert Charu Sharma were present on the occasion along with music director Kailash Kher, who composed the theme song for T-10 Gully Cricket.
“This new shorter and faster form of cricket augurs well for Indian cricket as more and more youngsters will get involved in the game,” Laxman said while releasing the T-10 anthem.
The tournament will feature 40 teams, including five sponsored teams. The top team from each city would vie for the final pay-off in Mumbai in the second week of February next year.
The inaugural match will start in Ludhiana and then the series would travel to Jalandhar, Kanpur, Lucknow, Thane, Pune, Nashik and Surat before the grand finale in Mumbai.
- India in dire straits against Australia (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Laxman's half-century takes India to 117/2 (Lunch report) - Jul 30, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt is Sirsa Gullies T-10 team owner - Jan 17, 2010
- Actress Divya Dutta buys Ludhiana Gully Cricket Team (With Image) - Sep 06, 2009
- Former team mates hail Dravid 'The Wall' (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Laxman, India's crisis man (Profile) - Aug 18, 2012
- Laxman has given strong and clear message to selectors: Ganguly - Aug 18, 2012
- Badrinath replaces Laxman in India Test squad - Aug 19, 2012
- Indian cricket team leaves for West Indies - Jun 01, 2011
- Laxman always found Eden 'very very special' - Aug 18, 2012
- India bounce back at Durban to level series (Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Rajpal Yadav owns Kanpur Gully T-10 team - Oct 05, 2009
- Australia convincingly win MCG Test (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Harbhajan's maiden Test ton and Laxman save Ahmedabad Test - Nov 08, 2010
- Tendulkar misses landmark century, India 376/6 at lunch - Nov 25, 2011