Now, more seats for girls in Himachal varsityMay 16th, 2010 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 16 (IANS) The Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) has decided to create an extra seat and reserve it for single girl child in M.Phil courses, an official said here Sunday.
Earlier, the university created an extra seat in graduate and postgraduate professional courses and reserved it for girls who were the only child of their parents.
“Now we have decided to reserve one supernumerary seat for single girl child in all M.Phil courses also from this academic year on the pattern of postgraduate and undergraduate courses,” HPU Vice-Chancellor Sunil Kumar Gupta told IANS.
He said the objective of reserving the seat for the girls is to check the social evil of female foeticide.
As per the 2001 Census, the sex ratio in major states ranged from 861 in Haryana to 1,058 in Kerala. Himachal Pradesh recorded 968 females per 1,000 males.
- Himachal varsity to reserve additional seat for girls - Mar 12, 2010
- Priority admission for girls in Himachal - Sep 01, 2011
- Miss Universe, Sanjana Jon extend support to stop female foeticide in India - Jan 29, 2011
- Shakuntala Misra University to start more departments - Jun 18, 2011
- Girl power in Jamia (To go with: Turkish language course flavour at Jamia) - Aug 05, 2012
- Transgenders hail reservation in Bangalore varsity courses - Jul 27, 2010
- Post Aamir, Rajasthan for policy to save girl child - May 11, 2012
- Aamir Khan to meet Gehlot over female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Driving social change for women - via stardom - Sep 12, 2012
- President concerned over declining sex ratio - Jan 14, 2012
- Haryana introduces mother-new born tracking software - Jul 03, 2011
- Though India's worst, Haryana's sex ratio is best in 110 years - Apr 10, 2011
- Himachal court summons public service commission chief - Sep 14, 2011
- Himachal fair to fairer sex (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 07, 2012
- Exempt Tamil Nadu from common medical entrance test: Jayalalithaa - Aug 02, 2011