Now listen to complete ‘Don Quixote’ on YouTubeMarch 23rd, 2011 - 11:59 am ICT by IANS
Madrid, March 23 (IANS/EFE) People from all over the world shot videos against iconic landmarks while reading different fragments of “Don Quixote”. These have been now uploaded on YouTube as a complete novel.
A total of 4,308 YouTube users from around the world sent videos of different fragments of Miguel de Cervantes’ knightly tale, of which Spain’s Royal Academy of the Spanish Language chose 2,149.
Japan’s Mount Fuji and Argentine and Mexican people dressed as the characters, Sancho Panza and Don Quixote, were also part of the scenes edited into the final production.
Jose Manuel Blecua, director of the academy, said: “There are no better arms for championing Spanish on the web than Quixote and Sancho.”
The project had begun Sep 30 last year to promote the use of Spanish on the internet.
“This is Quixote seen anew,” Blecua said. “The internet is a wonderful way to disseminate the language and linguistic resources, as well as the work done by researchers of the language.”
- `Don Quixote' becomes interactive - Oct 28, 2010
- Spanish academy starts YouTube campaign to 'crowd-read' classic Don Quixote - Oct 01, 2010
- Don Quixote opens carnival parades in Rio - Feb 16, 2010
- An unusual Spanish literary award ceremony - Apr 24, 2012
- Bloombito, the alter ego of NY mayor on Twitter - Aug 31, 2011
- Writers are mendicants, says Mexican poet - Apr 25, 2010
- Cervantes paved the way for all novelists: Mexican writer - Sep 03, 2011
- Spain to offer movies to US libraries, universities - Nov 08, 2011
- `Sesame Street' channel cleansed of porn put by hackers - Oct 18, 2011
- Shakira sends her dad a `Happy Birthday' video - Sep 07, 2012
- YouTube wins court case in Spain on intellectual property - Sep 24, 2010
- Shakira is seventh most popular person on Twitter - Aug 09, 2011
- Less than one-third of Mexicans have internet access - May 19, 2011
- Khan academy releases their iPad app - Mar 12, 2012
- Yale adds ten new free courses on the web - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,