Now, Gujarat cops seek Jundal’s custodyJuly 6th, 2012 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) The Gujarat Police Friday moved a Delhi court seeking custody of key 26/11 plotter Abu Jundal to ascertain his role in several terror cases in the state. He is currently in Delhi Police remand till July 20.
The plea for Jundal’s custody was filed in the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav by the Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS).
The court posted the application for hearing July 20, the day when Jundal’s custody with the Delhi Police would end. Pleas of other probe agencies seeking the terror suspect’s custody would also come up the same day for further consideration.
The Gujarat Police sought Jundal’s custody in connection with his role in recruiting youth from the state for training in terror camps and a blast at the Kalupur Railway Station in Ahmedabad in 2006, which had left 25 people injured.
Other probe agencies which have moved the court for Jundal’s custody are the Mumbai police, Pune police and the National Investigation Agency.
Jundal has been in the custody of the Delhi Police’s specialised anti-terror unit, Special Cell, since June 21 in connection with the Jama Masjid attack case.
The court Thursday extended Jundal’s custody with the Delhi Police for another 15 days saying that the agency was in the middle of its investigation, which was expected to provide leads to other agencies as well.
Jundal, an Indian mastermind of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack which left 166 dead and an alleged member of the outlawed Indian Mujahideen group, was arrested at Delhi airport June 21 after his deportation from Saudi Arabia.
- Four probe agencies to seek Jundal's custody Friday - Jul 19, 2012
- Court allows lawyer to defend Jundal - Jul 09, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to police custody till July 31 (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal to be taken to Mumbai court Saturday (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Delhi cops to question Abu Jindal for 15 more days (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Jundal sent to police custody in Nashik attack plot - Sep 11, 2012
- Jundal was planning another 26/11-type strike: Investigators - Jul 06, 2012
- Abu Jundal shunted to police custody till July 31 - Jul 21, 2012
- Jundal to be questioned in arms haul case - Aug 13, 2012
- Jundal wants his confession to be recorded - Aug 10, 2012
- Delhi Police to quiz Jindal till July 20 (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Abu Jundal sent to judicial custody till Sep 24 - Sep 10, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal abandoned family for terrorism - Jul 08, 2012
- Court declines to give Hamza custody to Mumbai police (lead) - Jun 27, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, delhi airport, delhi court, delhi police, deportation, gujarat police, investigation agency, jama masjid, june 21, magistrate, mastermind, mujahideen, mumbai police, national investigation, plotter, police remand, railway station, saudi arabia, terror attack, yadav