Now, ‘Ghajini’ with English subtitles for hearing impairedDecember 26th, 2008 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 26 (IANS) BIG Cinemas, the exhibition arm of Reliance BIG Entertainment Ltd (RBEL), will screen “Ghajini” with English sub-titles in select cinema halls here from next Friday for the hearing impaired and for those who don’t understand Hindi.”We have decided to do this especially for the benefit of the hearing impaired and those who don’t understand Hindi. The idea is to ensure that the movie is viewed by maximum number of people,” Tushar Dhingra, COO of BIG Cinemas, said in a press statement.
According to Dhingra, BIG cinemas will continue with the sub-titles facility in the company’s future releases as well.
The sub-titled digital prints of “Ghajini” will be screened at BIG cinema’s property at Vadala in central Mumbai and at the Metro Big Cinema in South Mumbai.
“Digital cinema technology makes it easy to introduce such innovations,” said Patrick Von Sychowski, COO, of RBEL’s Adlabs Digital Cinema, which provides the DCI-grade digital cinema services, hard drive and optic fiber connectivity and distribution.
N.U. Nayak, deputy director of Helen Keller Institute for Deaf & Blind, has welcomed the initiative.
Starring Aamir Khan and Asin Thottumkal, “Ghajini” hit the screens Thursday.
- Adlabs brings digital 3D technology to its cinema chain - Sep 11, 2008
- Big cinemas to add 100 more screens by 2010 - Sep 10, 2009
- Asin wants to do only commercial movies - Mar 22, 2012
- I missed an opportunity to work with Salman: Ileana - Sep 05, 2012
- Big Pictures takes 'Ghajini' to South Korea - Sep 15, 2009
- When Bollywood stars move closer to a silent world - Jun 16, 2011
- 'Raavan' earns Rs.20 crore worldwide on opening day - Jun 19, 2010
- Adlabs creates record in 2K digital movie screening - Sep 24, 2008
- 'Kolaveri di' success shows regional cinema's mass appeal - Dec 03, 2011
- Reliance Mediaworks' Restoration Of 1984's Khandahar premieres in Cannes Classic 2010 Cannes - May 15, 2010
- Adlabs to digitally upgrade 500 cine screens - Oct 06, 2008
- 'Raavan' to hit about 2200 screens worldwide - Jun 16, 2010
- Reliance MediaWorks in expansion mode with south India focus - Feb 01, 2012
- Rituparno's film to be screened at Durban film festival - Jul 27, 2009
- MPAA, multiplexes launch campaign to curb camcord piracy - Sep 07, 2009