Now, flavoured beer hits Indian marketJuly 11th, 2012 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) After vodka, a flavoured beer has hit the market with its manufacturer saying it is the first to be brewed with spices to pair it with Indian gourmet cuisine.
With the launch of Indus Pride, “we aim to bring the authentic Indian flavor and character to the world of beer. Indus Pride captures a truly Indian taste profile and represents the Indian specialty beer segment,” said Derek Jones, marketing director of SABMiller India.
“We see a huge opportunity in India as the beer consumption is on a rise with the legal drinking age consumers more open to experimentation today. With the changing lifestyle and rise in disposable income of consumers, more and more people are looking for innovative and interesting products in every segment including beers,” he said.
“Indus Pride is a beer brewed in India for the people of India and the rest of the world. We are confident of an encouraging response from the consumers,” Jones added.
With the “finest hops complemented with authentic spices to form a burst of Indian flavor”, Indus Pride will initially be available in four variants: Citrusy Coriander, Citrusy Cardamom, Spicy Fennel and Fiery Cinnamon.
“Indus Pride taps into the sensorial experiences of the consumers and is targeted to be the perfect pairing with Indian gourmet cuisine,” a company statement said.
- Veggie chicken tikka potato chips! New flavours beckon - Jun 21, 2012
- Indian restaurants-on-wheels becoming hip in USA - Dec 26, 2010
- India, and its art of spices - Jun 20, 2011
- This British chef pairs gourmet food with health, nutrition (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
- 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra - May 08, 2012
- Roll Mexican 'roti' with Peruvian fish in Indian kitchen (Eating out with IANS) - Jun 22, 2010
- In beer-vodka age, thandai still a big draw in Lucknow - Mar 07, 2012
- McCormick buys 26 percent stake in Eastern Condiments - Nov 17, 2010
- Beer batter squids, anybody? Or beer cheese soup? (Eating out with IANS) - Dec 14, 2010
- US brewer sorry, says it's renaming 'Kali-Ma' beer - May 15, 2012
- Cobra creates Queen's portrait using just beer and spices - May 29, 2012
- Kingfisher was official beer at New York tennis tourney - Jul 27, 2012
- Spice Board to set up 10 parks for Rs.167 crore - Apr 08, 2012
- Book launched on coastal Maharashtrian cuisine - Feb 03, 2012
- Recipes by celebrity NRI chef Vikas Khanna (To go with: 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra) - May 08, 2012
Tags: authentic spices, beer consumption, beers, cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, derek jones, disposable income, fennel, gourmet cuisine, hops, indian flavor, indian taste, interesting products, launch, legal drinking age, New Delhi, sabmiller, taste profile, vodka