Now, complaint filed against Goa home minister’s sonOctober 17th, 2008 - 1:54 am ICT by IANS
Panaji, Oct 17 (IANS) Another Goa minister’s son is now embroiled in a controversy. An NGO has filed a criminal complaint against Goa Home Minister Ravi Naik’s son Roy Naik claiming he had a role in the murder of two Britons, Scarlett Keeling and Stephen Bennett. The complaint filed by a little-known NGO called Green Goa Foundation at the Panaji police station alleges that the state administration was shielding Roy and quotes reports appearing in the British media in this regard.
It alleged that Naik had a hand in the murder of Scarlett Keeling, a 15-year-old British girl who was found dead on the beach in February, and in the death of Bennett, who was allegedly beaten to death by a mob in a Maharashtra village in December last year.
Green Goa Foundation vice president Anwar Shaikh said in his criminal complaint: “The report has brought disrepute to the state of Goa and an impression is created in the international community that criminals in Goa are being protected by the state machinery.”
The complaint also quotes a report in the Daily Mail claiming that “investigators are holding bank details to prove that money was transferred to Indian accounts and that investigators were being threatened”.
The complaint queers the political pitch in Goa further.
Earlier, a rape complaint was filed against Goa Education Minister Atanasio Monseratte’s son, Rohit.
The complaint in which the education minister has also been made an abettor to the crime, alleges Rohit had raped a 14-year-old German girl.
The complaint has created a split in the Goa cabinet. Monseratte has claimed that Home Minister Ravi Naik had been unfairly targeting him. Several ministers are gunning for a change in the state leadership. The All India Congress Committee general secretary B. Hariprasad is currently meeting disgruntled MLAs and ministers at a five star resort near Panaji.
- RTI activist alleges threat by Goa minister, police - Jan 24, 2011
- Goa assembly to probe ex-minister's son's role in drugs case - Aug 03, 2012
- Goa home minister's sons draw salaries as personal aides - Apr 07, 2011
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- Goa drug mafia issue handed over to CBI, says home minister - Feb 02, 2011
- Home minister's son not involved in Scarlett murder: Goa Police - Oct 18, 2008
- Goa rape suspect's father sees political ploy - Oct 16, 2008
- Goa police do not have list of drug traffickers - Mar 17, 2011
- No drug mafia in Goa, asserts minister - Dec 21, 2010
- Bribe cloud over Goa minister set to fight poll - Feb 04, 2012
- Goa home minister's sons get personal security - Sep 22, 2010
- Minister in trouble again, could alter poll pitch (Goa newsletter) - Feb 03, 2012
- Rape case against minister's son causes fissure in Goa government - Oct 16, 2008
- Scarlett Keeling murder retold on 'Anjuna Beach' - Jul 02, 2011