Now another vop leaves Uttar Pradesh Police red-facedMay 21st, 2012 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 21 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Police Sunday ordered a probe into the alleged mishandling of a body by a police inspector here.
The matter pertains to JP Nagar where a man’s body was found by the roadside. When the police reached the scene, they found the body lying face-down on the ground.
In an effort to identify him, the body needed to be overturned and to do so Inspector S.C. Belwal used his booted foot.
The “unpardonable” aqction and moment were caught on record by lensmen present on the scene and when the pictures were published, there was a predictable furore over the “inhuman face” of Uttar Pradesh Police.
All this happened as JP Nagar Superintendent of Police (SP)Deepika Garg was standing by the side of the police inspector.
The matter came to light barely a week after the outcry over a remark by a senior Uttar Pradesh police official died down. The deputy inspector general of police at Saharanpur had created a furore by telling a petitioner, whose daughter had eloped in Saharanpur, to shoot her or kill himself.
Additional Director General (ADG) Law & Order Jag Mohan Yadav has now ordered a probe against the “kicking cop” and has asked the inspector general of Bareilly to look into the matter and submit a report. He said action would be taken against the errant inspector if the inquiry found him guilty.
The man found dead has been identified as 24-year-old Deepak, a resident of Amroha. His body was found near Barkheda village May 15. The man was accused of a murder and was out of jail on bail. He was shot by two unidentified bike-borne assailants.
- Kill eloped daughter, suggests senior UP cop - May 09, 2012
- UP cop advocates honour killing, NCW wants him suspended - May 09, 2012
- Saharanpur DIG's conduct unacceptable, says Akhilesh - May 10, 2012
- Akhilesh transfers 112 cops - Mar 27, 2012
- Protesters in UP torch vehicles, attack police - Jul 16, 2012
- UP removes police officer for backing honour killing - May 11, 2012
- Youth killed by friend - Apr 23, 2012
- UP reverses Mayawati's police change - Mar 20, 2012
- Woman 'sacrifices' stepson to bear child - Mar 03, 2011
- Four of family burnt to death in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 30, 2010
- Men in khaki leave UP government red-faced - Jul 14, 2012
- Two arrested with cartridges in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Powers crisis turns into law-and-order scare for UP government - Jul 24, 2012
- BSF trooper sets himself on fire, dies - Dec 06, 2010
- Two held for kidnapping, killing lawyer's son - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: adg, assailants, bareilly, cop, deepika, deputy inspector, director general, furore, garg, inhuman face, jag, mohan, outcry, petitioner, police inspector, police official, superintendent, uttar pradesh police, vop, yadav