Notorious criminals arrested in GhaziabadJune 17th, 2012 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 17 (IANS) The Ghaziabad police Sunday arrested five notorious criminals of the Sundar Bhati gang operating in Delhi and its surrounding areas in the National Capital Region (NCR) and recovered arms, cash and expensive vehicles from their possession.
The arrests took place near the Columbia Asia Hospital on National Highway -24 under Kavi Nagar police station of Ghaziabad.
The police recovered a Honda Accord car, two expensive motorcycles, two pistols, a large cache of live cartridges and Rs.1 lakh in cash from the criminals’ possession.
“On their confession, the police recovered Rs.1 lakh in cash which they looted from a bank May 14 last,” claimed Ghaziabad police chief Prashant Kumar.
The arrested criminals have been identified as Sanjay Nagar, Atul Nagar, Naveen Kumar, Vinod Kumar and Meenu Kumar.
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Police nab criminal who fled custody - Jan 10, 2012
- Part of looted money recovered in Ranchi - Dec 31, 2011
- Woman, paramour arrested for gun-running in Delhi - Jun 13, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh minister's kin arrested - Jul 07, 2011
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- Man's body found in tin box - May 18, 2011
- Man wanted in 13 criminal cases arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Parents of man who filed gangrape complaint scared for his safety - Feb 07, 2011
- Gang responsible for several murders busted - Jan 25, 2011
- Two held for cheating, impersonation - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: atul, columbia, confession, honda, honda accord, honda accord car, lakh, meenu, motorcycles, naveen kumar, ncr, notorious criminals, police station, possession, prashant kumar, rs 1, sanjay, sundar, two pistols, vinod kumar