Notorious criminal brought to Surat from DelhiMarch 20th, 2009 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Surat, March 19 (IANS) The Surat police Thursday took custody of a man wanted in 24 cases of murder, kidnapping and extortion across the country from a Delhi Police team which nabbed him Wednesday in the national capital, the police said.
Fazlur Rehman, 30, a resident of Surat in south Gujarat, had been eluding arrest since 2003 after a case of extortion was filed by Shivnarayan Devkinandan Agarwal, the owner of Praful Sarees, in Surat city.
Rehman was brought here and presented before a local court Thursday and would be questioned by the police here.
- Businessmen's kidnapper granted bail - Mar 09, 2010
- Nepal police publicise Mumbai gangster's arrest, 72 hours later - Jan 17, 2009
- Court acquits don Dawood Ibrahim's 'aide' - Apr 23, 2012
- Two criminals held in Delhi - Sep 23, 2011
- Remember charges against Shilpa Shetty's parents? Accused nabbed in Nepal - Jan 16, 2009
- Bhanwari Devi case: Re-arrested suspect sent to 10-days custody - Jul 04, 2012
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Police remand for former Chhota Rajan aide - Aug 12, 2011
- Mumbai Police claim to have 'broken' underworld's back-bone - Jan 11, 2012
- Escape expert caught fourth time - Jan 22, 2011
- Maoists held for abduction, murder - Jun 14, 2012
- Nurse case: Two accused sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Coal mafia leader arrested in Bengal - Jun 09, 2011
- CBI files chargesheet against Shah, 14 others in Sohrabbuddin encounter case - Jul 23, 2010
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011