Notification for presidential poll issued (Lead)June 16th, 2012 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) The Election Commission Saturday issued the notification for the presidential election to be held July 19. The last day for filing nominations is June 30 while candidates can withdraw their nominations by July 4.
The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Friday announced Pranab Mukherjee as their presidential candidate. The Congress is trying to build a consensus on Mukherjee’s name for the post.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) core group is meeting Saturday to discuss their candidate for the top constitutional slot, while the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) is expected to meet Sunday.
- Left parties to meet June 21 to discuss presidential poll - Jun 16, 2012
- Would like to see Pranab challenged: Subramanian Swamy - Jun 16, 2012
- BJP for vice presidential contest, to seek NDA nod (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- BJP backs Sangma for presidential election (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Jaswant Singh as NDA's vice presidential candidate (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP to discuss vice presidential poll - Jul 14, 2012
- BJP core group likely to meet today - Jun 16, 2012
- Presidential poll: Pranab, Sangma to file papers Thursday - Jun 27, 2012
- BJP for vice presidential contest, to seek NDA nod (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- BJP core group to meet today, allies divided over presidency (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Pranab yet again appeals to Trinamool - Jun 24, 2012
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Speculation on Pranab's candidature grows after Bengal leader's pitch (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- BJP in a fix, allies divided on presidential candidate - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, congress, consensus, core group, election commission, july 4, national democratic alliance, nda, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, presidential election, presidential poll, progressive alliance, UPA