Notice to village head in Mahi’s death in borewellJune 26th, 2012 - 11:46 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, June 26 (IANS) Authorities have issued a notice to the village head of Kasan village in Haryana’s Gurgaon district where four-year-old Mahi died after she slipped into an open borewell.
The girl, who was trapped in a narrow and deep borewell for 86 agonizing hours, was Sunday declared dead after rescuers fetched her out through a parallel tunnel.
The district administration Tuesday issued a show-cause notice to the village head of Kasan village, under whose jurisdiction the area falls where Mahi died after falling into the 70 feet deep borewell Wednesday night, an official said.
It also directed the departments concerned and all the 18 teams constituted for monitoring borewells to ensure compliance of the Supreme Court’s orders in this regard, and send action taken report within 10 days.
Also, all the drilling-boring agencies have to apply for registration by July 10.
“As per the Supreme Court’s guidelines, the ’sarpanch’ and the ADO concerned were liable to ensuring that there were no uncovered/abandoned borewells in the area under their jurisdiction,” Deputy Commissioner P.C. Meena told IANS.
He said: “Appropriate action would be taken against all those found guilty in the magisterial inquiry being conducted by the Gurgaon’s additional deputy commissioner (ADC). The inquiry report is expected to be submitted within 10 days.”
After the death of Mahi, section 304 (causing death due to negligence) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) has been added to the first information report (FIR) lodged against the house-owner and the drilling agency.
- Six people responsible for Mahi's death, says inquiry - Sep 21, 2012
- Mahi trapped in borewell not responding to calls (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Two held for digging illegal borewell in Gurgaon - Jun 28, 2012
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- Court rejects bail to accused in Mahi death case - Jun 29, 2012
- Anger, sorrow as Mahi dies in Haryana borewell (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2012
- Man who dug Mahi's death trap sent to jail - Jul 08, 2012
- After 86 long hours, Mahi is dead (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- GPRS deployed for Mahi's rescue operation - Jun 22, 2012
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- Rescue operations still on for baby in borewell - Jun 22, 2012
- Child rights panel seeks report on abandoned borewells - Jun 24, 2012
- Reward for information on abandoned borewells, pits in Gurgaon - Jul 02, 2012
- Maruti crisis: Local village headmen see conspiracy - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: adc, agonizing hours, authorities, compliance, deputy commissioner, district administration, fir, gurgaon district, haryana, indian penal code, information report, inquiry report, ipc, jurisdiction, magisterial inquiry, meena, negligence, regard, rescuers, wednesday night