Notice to Jharkhand’s former ministers in assets caseMay 26th, 2009 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 26 (IANS) Jharkhand High Court Tuesday sought a response from former chief minister Madhu Koda and seven former ministers in a case charging them with amassing assets in excess of their known sources of income.
The notices were issued by a division bench of Chief Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra and Justice D.K. Sinha while hearing a public interest litigation (PIL) filed last year seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into wealth amassed by Koda and seven other ministers.
The seven ministers are Enos Ekka, Harinarayan Rai, Bandhu Tirkey, Dulal Bhuiya, Chandra Prakash Chaudhary, Bhanu Pratap Sahi and Kamlesh Singh - all who served as ministers in Koda government.
The state vigilance department has already filed cases against Ekka and Rai and is questioning them.
Notices were also issued to Vinod Sinha and Sanjay Chaudhary, who are close associates of Koda, and face the same charges.
Presenting its case, the Income Tax department said that the ministers were not cooperating with them in submitting details of their income.
The next hearing of the case will take place July 14.
- CBI probe ordered against Koda in assets case - Aug 04, 2010
- Jharkhand court rejects Koda's plea - Jul 15, 2009
- CBI takes over Koda scam probe - Aug 12, 2010
- IT, ED not cooperating in Koda scam probe, says Jharkhand - Feb 06, 2010
- Koda to be quizzed separately by vigilance, enforcement officials - Dec 05, 2009
- Koda, cabinet colleague questioned in jail - Dec 07, 2009
- BJP upset as Jharkhand refuses CBI probe against Koda - Jan 29, 2010
- Questioning of Koda, cabinet colleagues continues (Lead) - Dec 07, 2009
- Former Jharkhand minister gets bail in graft case - Dec 13, 2010
- Several jailed and tainted ex ministers in Jharkhand poll fray - Nov 15, 2009
- Koda scam: Jharkhand ready for CBI probe if court wants - Feb 04, 2010
- Lodge FIR against Jharkhand ex-minister, official: Vigilance court - Jul 07, 2009
- Graft cases against former Jharkhand chief minister, 3 former ministers - Jul 01, 2009
- Koda, former colleague shifted to hospital - Dec 09, 2009
- Houses of Koda, 3 Jharkhand ex-ministers raided over corruption - Jul 24, 2009