Notice to Delhi government over 50 missing childrenJuly 18th, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Wednesday issued notice to the Delhi government regarding 50 children who went missing in a span of eight days in the capital.
“We have given four weeks to the Delhi government’s chief secretary and the Delhi Police commissioner to respond to our notice over the children who went missing from July 1 to July 8 in 2012.”
The data was available on the official website of Delhi police.
An official statement from the NHRC said that the police allegedly delays in registering complains about missing children which helps the accused in taking the children out of the city.
“If the media reports are true, this is a serious issue of violation of human rights,” added the official.
Last week, Uttar Pradesh was also issued notice by the commission over 90 children who went missing in Ghaziabad in the past six months.
The apex rights body has also asked the chief secretary to inform it whether guidelines on missing children issued by the commission were followed.
The guidelines were issued Aug 6, 2007.
- Notice to Uttar Pradesh over 90 missing children - Jul 13, 2012
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- Compensate woman mistreated by police, NHRC tells Delhi - Mar 22, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Maharashtra over farm suicides - Sep 12, 2012
- NHRC seeks report on fake encounter in Manipur - Aug 30, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to UP government - Jul 25, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Jharkhand government - Sep 13, 2012
- Notice to Bihar government on child rights violations - Sep 05, 2011
- NHRC notice to Haryana on abandoned baby girls - Jul 11, 2012
- NHRC sends notice to Delhi government - Sep 12, 2012
- West Bengal issued notice over hunger deaths - Aug 29, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Delhi government, power discom - Sep 05, 2012
- Rights panel notice to Karnataka on school kids - Aug 14, 2012
- NHRC notice on school turning away gangrape victim - Sep 13, 2012
- Media should highlight rights violations: NHRC (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: apex, chief secretary, delhi government, delhi police, eight days, ghaziabad, human rights commission, july 1, missing children, national human rights, national human rights commission, New Delhi, nhrc, police commissioner, six months, span, violation of human rights