Notice to CBI over arms dealer Nanda’s bail pleaApril 10th, 2008 - 8:58 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday took up the bail pleas of arms dealer Suresh Nanda and his son Sanjeev, who were arrested last month for allegedly trying to bribe an income tax official in Mumbai. Justice Rekha Sharma issued a notice to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the Nandas’ bail plea, which was rejected last week by a lower court. The investigating agency has been asked to file a reply by April 23.
The sessions court rejected the Nandas’ bail plea stating that they could tamper with the evidence if set free.
The Nandas are in judicial custody till April 11.
While opposing their bail plea, the CBI read out the transcripts of the 94 calls exchanged between the Nandas, income tax official Ashutosh Verma and chartered accountant Bipin Shah from Feb 7 to March 8.
The four were arrested March 9 when they had gathered at a Mumbai hotel room to allegedly negotiate the bribe amount to be paid to Verma. CBI sources said Verma had struck a deal for Rs.100 million.
Sanjeev Nanda is also accused of mowing down six people with his BMW car in a hit-and-run case in New Delhi in 1999.
- Arms dealer Suresh Nanda's bail plea rejected - Apr 05, 2008
- BMW case: SC frees three convicted for proof tampering - Aug 01, 2012
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay - Jan 11, 2012
- CBI opposes bail plea of arms dealer Nanda, son - Apr 04, 2008
- Court allows arms dealer Nanda to go abroad - Sep 21, 2011
- Arms dealer Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Apr 11, 2008
- Arms dealer Suresh Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Apr 11, 2008
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- Delhi High Court issues notice to CBI on arms dealer Nanda's bail plea - Apr 10, 2008
- NALCO chief's bail plea dismissed - Sep 11, 2011
- Arms dealer Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Mar 28, 2008
- Sanjeev Nanda's sentence reduced in BMW hit-and-run case (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- CWG graft: Order reserved on Kalmadi's bail plea (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012