Nothing written on UP poll official’s transfer: Goa officialFebruary 8th, 2012 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Feb 8 (IANS) The mystery behind the transfer of Amethi (Uttar Pradesh) poll observer Pawan Kumar Sain to Goa deepened as poll officials in the western state said Wednesday they had not received any intimation from the Election Commission (ECI) about Sain’s posting there.
Joint chief electoral officer N.S. Navti said the state chief electoral officer’s office had not received any written intimation about Sain’s transfer.
“We did not receive anything in writing…,” Navti said, adding that they had only learnt about Sain’s transfer to Goa from media reports.
Sain, an Indian Administrative Service (IANS) officer posted as an election observer in Amethi, created controversy when he stopped a motorcycle convoy led by Priyanka Gandhi’s husband Robert Vadra in the Amethi constituency during election campaigning.
Reports later said that Sain had been transferred to South Goa district by the Election Commission allegedly for stopping Vadra’s convoy.
The ECI later clarified that Sain’s transfer to Goa had been ordered before the Vadra incident and that the two were not linked.
- 'Poll officer not removed for stopping Vadra's convoy' (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Poll official moved out from Kamat constituency - Feb 08, 2012
- EC denies poll officer removed for stopping Vadra's convoy - Feb 07, 2012
- 'Poll panel raid on priest creating communal tension' - Feb 10, 2012
- Goa: Non-IAS officers serving as district magistrates questioned - Jan 24, 2012
- Poll panel blocks 400 government jobs in Goa - Jan 05, 2012
- Goa church protests poll squad's raid on priest - Feb 09, 2012
- Paramilitary forces to man Goa borders - Jan 06, 2012
- Row over British MP Keith Vaz's campaign in Goa - Feb 15, 2012
- Congress candidate to be booked for giving away cricket kits - Jan 23, 2012
- Don't dare to ignore poll panel's directives, Goa warned - Feb 02, 2012
- Police inspector suspended for letting in voters unchecked - Mar 03, 2012
- Communal literature at PM's rally in Goa? - Mar 02, 2012
- Congress wants Rae Bareli, CSM Nagar officials moved out - Feb 11, 2012
- Poll panel keeping eye on large cash withdrawals - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: chief electoral officer, constituency, controversy, convoy, eci, election campaigning, election commission, election observer, goa district, indian administrative service, intimation, motorcycle, mystery, poll, priyanka gandhi, robert vadra, south goa, uttar pradesh