Nothing to do with Virbhadra episode, says BJPJune 26th, 2012 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) The BJP rejected the charge of Virbhadra Singh, who resigned from the union cabinet Tuesday, that its state government in Himachal Pradesh hatched a conspiracy to frame him in a corruption case.
“The court took the decision, the (state) government had no role at all in it,” former Himachal Pradesh chief minister and Bharatiya Janata Party leader Shanta Kumar said.
Soon after Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister Virbhadra Singh submitted his resignation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Kumar said it should be accepted immediately.
Talking to IANS by phone, Kumar, who is a Rajya Sabha member, said the state’s BJP government had no role in the whole episode.
“His resignation should be accepted by the central government immediately, he is corrupt,” Kumar said.
Virbhadra Singh, after submitting his resignation to the prime minister Tuesday morning, launched a direct attack on Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal.
“All these allegations have started rising after Dhumal came (to power). He is the most corrupt person in Himachal Pradesh and the biggest liar,” Virbhadra Singh said.
His resignation came a day after a court in Shimla framed charges against Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh in a decades old case of alleged corruption. According to the police, the couple was booked Aug 3, 2009, on the basis of an audio cassette released by Singh’s political adversary Vijai Singh Mankotia in 2007.
Singh has maintained that the charges are false.
- Tainted Virbhadra Singh goes, vows to fight on (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- Virbhadra faces graft charge; says will resign if asked to (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- Team Anna demands Virbhadra's resignation - Jun 25, 2012
- Graft charges framed against union minister Virbhadra Singh (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Virbhadra calls graft case 'concocted' - Jun 25, 2012
- Congress defends Virbhadra Singh - Jun 26, 2012
- Graft case: Virbhadra gets audio tape's copy - May 22, 2012
- Virbhadra graft case: Order on charge June 25 - Jun 06, 2012
- Virbhadra graft case: Recording of evidence in November - Sep 21, 2012
- Virbhadra voice CD in a graft case played in court - May 31, 2012
- Graft charges framed against Virbhadra, wife (Third Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Graft charges framed against Virbhadra, wife (Second Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Virbhadra accuses Dhumal of vindictiveness - Jul 01, 2012
- Himachal High Court turns down Virbhadra's plea - Sep 03, 2010
- Virbhadra to appear before court in graft case - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: adversary, alleged corruption, bjp government, central government, chief minister, corrupt person, corruption case, janata party, manmohan, manmohan singh, old case, party leader, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajya sabha member, resignation, small and medium enterprises, tuesday morning, union cabinet, virbhadra singh