Not bound to follow fee hike order, say air force schoolsAugust 25th, 2009 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) Two schools run by the Indian Air Force Benevolent Cultural and Educational Society told the Delhi High Court Tuesday that they are not bound to follow its interim order on fee hikes as they do not fall under the ambit of recognised schools of the government.
Replying to a petition before the division bench of Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Valmiki J. Mehta, the schools submitted that they are run by the Indian Air Force and are unrecognised and unaided schools and, therefore, the order pertaining to the fee hike did not apply to them.
“The school is for the children of air force personnel and a fee hike is necessary to maintain the quality of education and other basic necessities,” the reply stated.
The court had earlier issued a notice to the schools on a petition from the Delhi Abhibhavak Mahasangh (parents’ organisation), filed through counsel Ashok Aggarwal, who contended that the Air Force Nursery School and Air Force Junior School had failed to comply with the court’s May 28 directive to schools on the procedure to be followed for hiking the fees.
The Air Force Nursery School increased its tuition fee from Rs.475 per month to Rs.1,000 in the first week of July, while the Air Force Junior School raised its fee from Rs.435 to RS.1,100 per month, the petitioner had said.
- High court seeks response from air force schools on fee hikes - Aug 07, 2009
- Parents move high court against hike in school fees - Aug 05, 2009
- Panel in week to examine school fee hike: Court told - Sep 09, 2011
- Notice to Delhi government on panel to examine school fee hike - Sep 02, 2011
- Panel constituted to examine school fee hike - Sep 25, 2011
- Delhi issues notice to schools on fees hike - Mar 18, 2011
- Court summons audit official over report on schools - Mar 29, 2011
- Audit panel to submit report of 25 private schools - Jul 03, 2010
- Panel on school fee hike to start work from Dec 26 - Dec 23, 2011
- Delhi panel gives report to court on school fees hike - Aug 23, 2012
- Nursery admissions on course as court reserves order (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Delhi court grants relief to private schools on fee hike - Apr 30, 2009
- Court allows nursery admissions at 3-plus (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Court orders rollback of school fee hike - Jul 20, 2011
- Court orders Ramjas School to roll back tuition fee hike - Dec 05, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,