North Korean media reports public appearance by KimNovember 16th, 2008 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Nov 16 (RIA Novosti) Amid widespread speculation over the health of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, state-controlled media of the communist state Sunday reported the public appearance of the leader.Sunday’s report that Kim, 66, attended a military art performance was the latest to quell rumours that he has been incapacitated following a stroke he suffered in August.
The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said Kim “warmly waved back to the cheering performers and congratulated them on their successful presentation.”
The agency did not say when or where the performance took place.
South Korea has not yet commented on the report.
Kim Jong-il has ruled North Korea since 1994, when he succeeded his late father Kim Il-sung, the communist state’s founder.
- Kim Jong-un gets married: North Korean TV - Jul 25, 2012
- Dead North Korean leader's son 'great successor': Media - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim Jong-il to be embalmed - Jan 12, 2012
- North Korea confirms mystery woman is leader's wife - Jul 26, 2012
- South Koreans send anti-regime leaflets to North in balloons - Dec 22, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies of heart attack - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea holds military parade - Apr 15, 2012
- Kim's death: US in touch with South Korea - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dead, youngest son takes over (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim's death rocks South Korea's financial market - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea's top leader Kim Jong-il is dead (Second Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un promoted to top military rank - Jul 18, 2012
- South Korea on high alert after Kim's death - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea threatens to re-examine n-issue - Jul 21, 2012