None can match Hrithik shaking a leg: Isha SharvaniJanuary 16th, 2009 - 9:41 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 16 (IANS) She is known as the diva of the dancing world; the other rules the beat. But prolific dancer Isha Sharvani thinks no one can match actor Hrithik Roshan when it comes to shaking a leg.Isha waltzed with the actor in Parle’s Hide and Seek biscuit ad and she once again teams up with the actor in the forthcoming film “Luck By Chance”.
“It was such an amazing experience to perform with Hrithik again. He’s such a great performer. I remember, for the ‘Hide and Seek’ ad, our practice session lasted for three days and one should see him practise. No one can match his steps. He is so full of energy and is so much fun to work with,” Isha told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
Apart from Hrithik, Isha assures that “people will get to see a little bit of dancing” from her too in the film.
Directed by debutante Zoya Akhtar, “Luck By Chance” is a menagerie of characters and activities about making it big in Bollywood. Produced by Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar, the film is releasing Jan 30.
Farhan plays the main lead and the cast also has Konkona Sen Sharma, Dimple Kapadia, Rishi Kapoor, Juhi Chawla and an ensemble of almost everyone in Bollywood in walk-on parts.
Throwing light on her character in the film, the 23-year-old said: “This is a whole film about making it big in Bollywood and I am a part of that struggle. I play the daughter of a diva played by Dimple Kapadia.”
Rumours are also rife that “Luck By Chance” is Bollywood’s next “Om Shanti Om”, considering its behind the scenes portrayal of the film industry.
But Isha slammed all such speculations and said: “The film is very different from ‘Om Shanti Om’. The plots of both the movies are very different. ‘Om Shanti Om’ was much more of a musical. While ‘Luck By…’ has a different take on Bollywood. It’s much more real.
“I think Zoya has really put together a fantastic script and characters in the movie. The film is unique in its approach.”
Isha considers her getting a role in “Luck By Chance” as a matter of “luck”.
“My getting this film is totally a matter of luck. I had no idea that Zoya would sign me for the film. I feel so lucky that I got to work with her in her maiden venture,” she said.
However, the actress also had some sore moments while shooting for the film.
“When I was doing a ring sequence in the film, I was suspended from a hook in the air and the costume I was wearing had a lot of diamonds on it. As a result, I ended up being completely scratched because of the diamonds but I am glad the sequence came out really lovely,” she said.
Isha forayed into Bollywood with Subhash Ghai’s dud “Kisna” in 2005 and has since been seen in lesser-known and back to back flops like “Darwaza Bandh Rakho”, “Rocky: The Rebel” and “Good Boy, Bad Boy” in 2006.
In 2008, she featured in Ajay Devgan’s directorial debut “U, Me Aur Hum”.
She doesn’t have any other films in her kitty at present, but is concentrating on a new dance show for smal screen with her mother, renowned dancer and choreographer Daksha Seth.
“It’s based on martial arts. We are thinking about a name right now for the show as we haven’t zeroed in on anything yet. However, the show will be aired from April 3 onwards,” she said.
On being asked if she has any plans of stepping into her mother’s footsteps - that is, choreography - she said: “I am not interested in any activity other than dancing and acting. So, no choreography or anything else for me in the future too.
“I am a dancer and an actress and I am game for just the two as both are really and equally important to me,” she said.
The actress is not bogged down by the pressure in Bollywood and tries to balance dancing and acting.
“I always think one should balance one’s time and I think I am being able to do that between both my dancing and acting.”
- 'Luck By Chance' - a behind-the-curtains Bollywood tale (IANS Preview) - Jan 27, 2009
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- Farhan was the perfect choice for 'Luck By Chance': Zoya Akhtar (Interview) - Jan 20, 2009
- Katrina hopes for ZNMD success for 27th birthday - Jul 11, 2011
- Mouli, a shopaholic (TV Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sibling power rocks Bollywood (Aug 13 is Rakhi) - Aug 10, 2011
- B-Town excited about Karan Johar's birthday bash - May 23, 2012
- Star power keeps Bollywood afloat, Zoya Akhtar - Mar 16, 2012
- AN INTERVIEW WITH CHOREOGRAPHER SANDEEP SOPARRKAR - Oct 07, 2010
- Good acting, subtle narrative make 'Luck By Chance' a winner (IANS Film Review; Rating:****) - Jan 31, 2009
- No similarity between 'Zindagi Na...' and 'Dil Chahta Hai': Farhan - May 15, 2011
- Abhay Deol's jitters in sky for 'Zindagi Na...' - Jun 22, 2011
- 'Raaz 3' most important film of my life: Vikram Bhatt (Film Snippets) - Jun 30, 2011
- Bollywood overlooked Isha Sharvani's talent: KJo - Jul 06, 2012
- Hrithik, Katrina's mutual admiration society! - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,