Nomura Holdings incurs record net loss in April-December periodJanuary 27th, 2009 - 5:57 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, Jan 27 (DPA) Nomura Holdings Inc Tuesday reported a record net loss of 492.36 billion yen ($5.53 billion) for the first nine months of the fiscal year 2008, which ends in March.It was the largest loss Nomura incurred since 2001, when Japan’s top brokerage house began using the US accounting standard.
It was also the first time Nomura reported losses in four quarters in a row, according to the Jiji Press news agency.
Nomura’s net loss in the April-December period compared to a net profit of 86.01 billion yen a year before.
In the third quarter, the firm also suffered a net loss of 342.9 billion yen due to the global financial crisis.
Nomura acquired parts of US investment bank Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc, which filed for bankruptcy in September last year.
- Nomura Holdings sees record net loss for 2008-09 (Lead) - Apr 24, 2009
- Nomura Holdings sees record net loss for fiscal 2008 - Apr 24, 2009
- Honda Motor quarterly net profit surges - Jul 31, 2012
- Lehman exits bankruptcy - Mar 07, 2012
- Sony announces $3.1 billion annual loss - May 27, 2011
- Sony forecasts wider loss for fiscal 2011 - Feb 02, 2012
- Highlights of India's Economic Survey - Feb 25, 2011
- Toyota predicts net loss in current fiscal - Feb 06, 2009
- Japan's Panasonic projects wider loss for current fiscal - Feb 03, 2012
- Panasonic returns to profit in first quarter - Jul 29, 2010
- Mazda plans $1.25 bn capital increase - Feb 21, 2012
- Japanese chipmaker files for bankruptcy - Feb 27, 2012
- Honda Japan's nine-month net profit plummets 71 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- U.S. banking industry earned $14.5 Billion in 3Q, up from last year's $2 Billion - Nov 23, 2010
- Suzuki profits up for full year - May 10, 2010