Noida seals offices in residential areasFebruary 1st, 2012 - 11:43 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Feb 1 (IANS) The Noida Authority Wednesday began implementing the Supreme Court directive against commercial establishments being run from residential areas, sealing 11 premises, including eight banks.
The establishments were sealed in Sector 19 area.
“The sealed establishments were the ones that were served final notices by us to relocate or shut down, but they were still operating. All establishments of commercial nature being run in residential sectors or even in industrial areas, as well as those flouting other land-use norms, would be targeted,” the authority’s chief executive officer S.K. Dwivedi said.
The sealed bank branches include Vijaya Bank, State Bank of India NRI Branch, Indian Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and Andhra Bank.
On Thursday, the authority plans to seal illegal nursing homes, departmental stores and other shops.
Sources in the authority said the drive would continue for around a month.
The Supreme Court Dec 5, 2011 had directed the Noida Authority to get the residential areas of the city rid of all commercial establishments, and help them relocate to designated areas.
- Shops sealed in Noida - Mar 28, 2012
- GDA issues notices to banks in residential areas - May 07, 2012
- Noida land acquisition row: Apex court notice to UP, Noida (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Noida, Greater Noida farmers and home buyers on war path (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Don't clear new industrial projects in Noida: Green tribunal (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Court refuses to interfere in Ahmedabad demolition drive - Nov 18, 2010
- GDA to seal banks working from residential premises - Jun 12, 2012
- Staff strike hits banks operations in Karnataka - Aug 05, 2011
- Banking activities paralysed as strike begins - Aug 22, 2012
- Land bank, affordable housing scheme in Ghaziabad - Jun 26, 2012
- Uncertainty looms over realty projects in Greater Noida - Jul 10, 2011
- No headway in talks between Greater Noida officials, farmers - Aug 01, 2011
- Greater Noida industrial land used for homes due to recession: CEO - Jul 28, 2011
- Residents biggest sufferers due to shops in homes: Court - Jul 20, 2010
- Master Plan clears way for home buyers in Noida Extension - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: andhra bank, bank branches, bank of india, bank of maharashtra, chief executive officer, commercial establishments, commercial nature, departmental stores, flouting, industrial areas, noida authority, punjab, residential areas, residential sectors, sind bank, state bank, state bank of india, state bank of india nri, supreme court directive, vijaya bank