‘Noida police violated court orders while taking Talwar into custody’May 28th, 2008 - 4:04 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 28 (IANS) Noida police allegedly violated court orders by not allowing the lawyer of Rajesh Talwar, accused of murdering his 14-year-old daughter Aarushi and servant Hemraj, to accompany him after he was sent to police custody. While ordering that Talwar be sent to police custody for three days, the court had Tuesday said a lawyer should be present with the accused during questioning.
Talwar’s lawyer Abhijeet Banerjee said he had to wait at the Noida Sector-20 police station for the team that took Talwar to an unknown destination.
“Neither were the police officers who took my client picking up their phones nor were the officials at the station telling us their whereabouts,” Banerjee said.
“We will request the court to issue a contempt notice to the Noida police,” he added.
Talwar was arrested May 23 for the twin murders at his Noida residence and initially remanded to 14 days’ judicial custody.
On Tuesday, Aarushi’s family demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the murders.
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Expert forgets number of visits to Aarushi murder spot - Aug 28, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges inconclusive (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012