Noida murder victims’ mobile phones untraceable(Second Lead)

May 19th, 2008 - 8:50 am ICT by admin  

Noida, May 18 (IANS) The mobile phones of teenager Arushi Talwar and her family’s domestic help Hemraj, who both were killed in Noida, remain untraceable, even as the police confirmed that both murders were committed at the same time with a sharp-edged surgical instrument. Senior Superintendent of Police Noida A.S. Ganesh said that the mobile phones used by Arushi and Hemraj remained untraceable.

The police said that post-mortem examination reports indicated that both murders were committed at about same time and also that Arushi was not sexually assaulted.

The Special Task Force (STF) of the police Sunday questioned the dentist parents of Arushi and also a couple of old servants the family had employed.

The STF sources revealed that the parents were not co-operating with the police. They were either giving vague answers or remaining non-committal to many of the questions posed by the investigators.

Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police (City) Mahesh Mishra was shifted out Sunday afternoon but his new posting was not immediately announced.

Earlier in the day, citing the autopsy report, Mishra had disclosed to the media about the murder weapon, and also said that there was no alcohol trade found in Hemraj’s body.

The station house officer of Sector-20 police station of Noida has also been shifted to the police lines. This follows the embarrassment the Noida police faced after the servant’s body was found on the terrace of the Talwar home Saturday, a day after Arushi’s body was discovered in her bedroom.

Hemraj was earlier suspected to be the teenager’s killer and police teams were fanned out to search for him.

Hemraj’s body was discovered by retired police officer K.K. Gautam when he asked the police to break open the lock of the terrace door after noticing bloodstains on the stairs. The body was found in a partially decomposed state.

Arushi, 15, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School in Noida, was found murdered in her bedroom at her L-32 Jal Vayu Vihar home in Sector-25 here Friday.

The teenager, the only daughter of a dentist couple, had her dinner with her family Thursday night and then retired to her room in the three-bedroom apartment.

At 6 a.m. Friday, her father Rajesh Talwar woke up to open the door to a part-time domestic help and peeped into Arushi’s room. To his horror, he found his daughter lying dead in a pool of blood. Her throat was slit and there were stab wounds on her forehead, shoulder and chest.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |