Noida market razed to make way for MetroMay 15th, 2008 - 1:34 am ICT by admin
Noida, May 14 (IANS) A market in Noida’s prime Sector 18 area was Wednesday demolished to pave the way for extending the Delhi Metro rail project to this satellite township, officials said. Authorities here razed the Rs.2 billion Kali Charan Market, which is said to be illegal. Earlier attempts to demolish the structure, which housed over 500 shops, proved futile as the developer had obtained a stay order from the Allahabad High Court.
Noida authorities could not reclaim the encroached land in the last five years, but with the Metro rail project coming to the city, it filed a petition in the Supreme Court.
On Tuesday, the apex court refused to grant any more grace period to the builder, who tried to file a special leave petition.
The market’s demolition will enable the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to start its construction activity here, said Y.K. Behl, a Noida Authority official.
- Encroachers clash with police in Noida (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Noida, Greater Noida farmers and home buyers on war path (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Now spotlight on land acquisition in Ghaziabad - Jul 18, 2011
- Land reclaimed after mosque demolition, DDA tells court (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- We have reclaimed land from mosque, DDA tells court - Jan 14, 2011
- NOIDA authority nod to Botanical Garden-Kalindi Kunj link - Jul 10, 2012
- Court stops demolition of school building - Jun 15, 2011
- Noida land acquisition row: Apex court notice to UP, Noida (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Greater Noida farmers prepare for next round of battle - Jul 21, 2011
- Greater Noida authority, farmers told to settle land row (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Apex court slams civic officials for illegal constructions - Jun 01, 2011
- Villagers clash with police in Noida - Sep 10, 2012
- Greater Noida farmers vow to reject land takeover package - Sep 03, 2011
- Central government unable to supervise all metro rail projects - Dec 07, 2011
- DDA suspends officer for razing night shelters - Dec 16, 2010