`Noida double murders: Action against cops if guilty’July 13th, 2008 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 13 (IANS) Assuring strict action against Uttar Pradesh policemen if they are found guilty in mishandling the probes into the murders of teenager Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, a senior official Sunday said that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe in the case is still not over. Principal Secretary (Home) Kunwar Fateh Bahadur and the Director General of Police Vikram Singh Sunday evening held a joint press conference.
Bahadur said that strict action would be taken against the policemen if they are found guilty in the probe of the Noida double murders. He said the CBI has not completed the investigations and it is “yet to submit its final report”.
The CBI Friday cleared dentist Rajesh Talwar, father of Aarushi, of all charges and named his medical assistant Krishna and Rajkumar, the servant of close family friends Durranis, as those behind the murders.
Talwar was released on bail from Dasna Jail Saturday morning.
Top officials of the state police showed reluctance in commenting on the issue.
The Noida police had arrested Talwar accusing him of the murders barely a week after the incident.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found dead May 16 in the Talwar’s Noida home. The police initially named the Talwars’ domestic help Hemraj as the prime suspect, but had to retract their claim after his body was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
Rajesh Talwar was arrested May 23 and the police said he killed his daughter in a fit of rage as he objected to her alleged closeness with Hemraj.
But, Rajesh Talwar was given a clean chit by the CBI after being held in detention for 50 days.
The CBI said Krishna was the prime accused as he harboured ill-feelings towards the family after being scolded by Rajesh Talwar in public. The agency also said it had been unable to get any evidence against Rajesh Talwar.
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi case closure unfortunate: Krishna Tirath - Dec 30, 2010
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Aarushi murder scene photos flawed: Defence - Jul 02, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court - Jan 06, 2012
- Talwars may have won over witness: CBI - Sep 13, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012