Noida double murder done with surgical instrument: policeMay 18th, 2008 - 8:23 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 18 (IANS) A sharp-edged surgical instrument was used to slit the throats of Noida girl Aarushi Talwar and her servant Hemraj and both were killed at around the same time, a police official said Sunday citing the autopsy report. Giving details of the report, Superintendent of Police Mahesh Mishra said there was no alcohol found in Hemraj.
Meanwhile, the station officer of Sector-20 police station of Noida has been shifted to the police lines. This follows the embarrassment the police faced after the servant’s body was found on the terrace of the Talwar home Saturday, a day after Aarushi’s body was discovered. Hemraj was suspected to be the teenager’s killer earlier and police teams had fanned out to search for him.
The body of Hemraj was discovered by retired police officer K.K. Gautam when he asked the police to break the lock of the terrace door after noticing blood stains on the stairs. The body was found in a partially decomposed state.
The Assistant Director General of Uttar Pradesh Police Brij Lal has announced that the probe into the double murder would be carried out by the state Special Task Force (STF). The murder was being investigated by the Noida Police.
Aarushi, 15, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School, Noida, was found murdered in her bedroom at her L-32 Jalvayu Vihar home in Sector-25 here Friday.
The teenager, the only daughter of a dentist couple, had eaten dinner with her family Thursday night and then retired to her room in the three-bedroom apartment.
At 6 a.m. Friday, her father Rajesh Talwar woke up to open the door to a part-time domestic help and peeped into Aarushi’s room. To his horror, he found his daughter lying dead in a pool of blood. Her throat was slit and there were stab wounds on her forehead, shoulder and chest.
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar injured after attack outside court (Lead) - Jan 25, 2011
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012