Noida, Delhi police squabble as youth lies dead on roadApril 15th, 2008 - 12:02 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 14 (IANS) A 19-year-old employee of a call centre was Monday hit by an unidentified vehicle with such force that he was tossed up in the air and fell at the sharp grills of a road divider in east Delhi, which pierced through his stomach, said the police. The accident took place early in the morning in New Ashok Vihar area, near Delhi-Noida border, when Girdhar, an employee of Agies call centre in Noida, was returning home on his motorbike. Girdhar was killed instantly.
But both Noida and Delhi police officials argued for nearly two hours, before the Delhi Police finally took the body in their possession and sent it for a post-mortem examination.
Noida and Delhi police officials arrived at the spot soon after the accident, but an argument broke out between them about the handling of the case. The body remained at the grill before senior Delhi Police officials decided to register a case with the New Ashok Vihar police station.
“The Noida police were claiming that the crime scene fell under Delhi, while our men said it was under the preview of the Noida police. Finally we registered a case of rash and negligent driving against unknown man and are investigating the matter,” a senior police official told IANS.
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- 10 hurt as bus falls off DND flyway - Dec 23, 2010
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- Man crushed to death - Jan 07, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills a constable, injures another - Apr 10, 2012
- Life back to normal in east Delhi, six more arrested - Sep 05, 2012
- Bus mows down woman in east Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
- Cops summon Kanda for questioning in Geetika suicide - Aug 08, 2012
- Two die in east Delhi road accident - Dec 28, 2011
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- Two held for kidnapping, killing lawyer's son - Nov 26, 2011
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Satyawati College student hangs self in classroom - Feb 04, 2011
- Five-year-old crushed under speeding truck - May 10, 2011
- Company razes ancient temple in Noida - Jan 29, 2012