Nobody can replace Salman in my heart: choreographer SalmanJuly 15th, 2012 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 15 (IANS) Choreographer Salman Khan, who is wowing judges on “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” with his outstanding moves, is in awe of his Bollywood namesake Salman Khan and says that nobody can take the actor’s place in his heart.
The namesakes worked together in the title song of Prabhu Deva directed “Wanted”.
Talking about his experience with the actor, Salman told IANS: “It was too nerve wrecking for me. But he was extremely sweet to me. He sat me down and we had food. He asked me about my background, my family, and my education. He just made me so comfortable. I was a fan of his, but now I have double respect for him.”
Praising Salman’s warmth, the choreographer said that whenever they are at the same event, “and if I am standing far away, he would call me and ask me about my work.”
“In comparison to him, I am a nobody and he doesn’t have to give me that attention. But every time I have met him, he has given me that respect and there is no replacement for him in my heart,” he said.
“As a dancer, he is a little stiff, but he has his own style for sure. Dancing is all about style and personification. Every single person has their own style of dancing and he has got his own style for sure,” Salman told IANS.
His next movie project is his idol Remo Douza, who is one of the judges on “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” along with Madhuri Dixit and Karan Johar, directed “ABCD” (Any Body Can Dance). The film also stars other professional choreographers - Prabhu Deva and Ganesh Acharya.
Salman says that shooting for “ABC” has been a great fun and teaming up with Prabhu Deva and Acharya was like a dream come true.
“It was absolutely unbelievable for me. While growing up, I have seen Prabhu Deva dance on screen and somewhere he has been my inspiration. I never imagined I will be shaking a leg with him or would teach him some stuff and learn from him,” said Salman and added: “I had interacted with Prabhu Deva sir during ‘Wanted’ and he has a soft corner for me.”
Salman had also assisted choreographer-director Remo in “FALTU” and informed that “from the past three years, I have been with Remo sir. I have worked with him in ‘FALTU’ to learn the entire moviemaking process. Somewhere, I like his style of working.”
- Remo D'Souza wants Madhuri for next! - Apr 05, 2012
- I always wanted to make a dance film: Remo D'Souza - Jun 05, 2012
- Tough to promote Indian dance: Remo D'Souza - Jun 24, 2012
- One needs patience to shoot in 3D: Remo D'Souza - Apr 11, 2012
- ABCD has better dancers than me: Prabhu Deva - Jun 05, 2012
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
- Remo's dream comes true, ' AnyBody Can Dance' goes on the floor - Mar 06, 2012
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Debina my lady luck: Gurmeet Chowdhary (TV Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- Dance takes on a bigger role in cinema - Jul 14, 2012
- 'Jhalak...' not a cake walk for Isha - Jun 29, 2012
- After 'Jhalak...', Sushil Kumar says no to dance - Aug 05, 2012
- Sushant proposes to Ankita on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' - Feb 14, 2011
- Sanath Jayasuriya grooves to 'Tama tama loge' - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: abc, awe, choreographer, choreographers, dancer, education, ganesh acharya, heart, inspiration, jaa, karan johar, madhuri dixit, mumbai, namesake, namesakes, personification, prabhu deva, remo, salman khan, warmth