No vindictiveness in show cause notice: Army chiefMay 25th, 2012 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) There was no vindictiveness in issuing a show cause notice to an officer who is in line to succeed the Indian Army chief-designate, incumbent Gen. V.K. Singh asserted Friday, adding it was the “moral duty” of the officer to answer the charge.
“There is no vindictiveness involved. The show cause notice was issued on facts. It is for the officer to reply on moral grounds and not go running to the media,” Gen. Singh told reporters on the sidelines of the release of a book “Assault on Merit”, whose subtitle is “The untold story of civil-military relations”.
The army chief had earlier this week issued a show cause notice to Lt. Gen. B.S. Suhag for an alleged botched operation when he was a corps commander in the northeast.
In the normal line of succession, Lt. Gen Suhag will succeed Lt. Gen. Bikram Singh, the current commander of the Eastern Command, who will succeed Gen. V.K. Singh Singh when he retires May 31.
- No vindictiveness in show cause notice: Army chief (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Army chief slaps show cause notice on Lt. Gen. - May 24, 2012
- 'India's security in jeopardy if army promotions ignore merit' - May 26, 2012
- India's security in jeopardy if army ignores merit: Book (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- V.K. Singh bids army adieu, leaving legacy of acrimony - May 30, 2012
- V.K. Singh retires, ending controversial tenure (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- 'No cover-ups, army's secular character to be maintained' (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Concerned over murder charges against officers: Retiring army chief (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Silence is golden: PM on army chief's rows - May 30, 2012
- Indian Army chief lampoons retired officer for complaint(Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Army chief visits Srinagar - Mar 28, 2012
- No row will be brushed under carpet: army chief (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- SC dismisses plea against Lt. Gen. Bikram Singh (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Countdown to army chief's retirement begins - May 05, 2012
Tags: army chief, bikram singh, corps commander, incumbent, indian army, line of succession, lt, military relations, moral duty, moral grounds, New Delhi, sidelines, subtitle, suhag, untold story, vindictiveness